Treatment free, is it really that easy - Page 28
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Default Re: Treatment free, is it really that easy

Thanks Eduardo and Bernhard!

Some very interesting points you both bring forth.
    A lot we know... a lot more we do not. Someone, a few days ago, posted a nice presentation, right here, on this very forum, with
    Dr. Seeley on some of these fascinating signals used in the hive for communication. By the bees that is. Highly recommended. I learned a lot from it. And even Dr. Seeley has, still, a few unexplained bee signals left in his question bag. Wow.

What amazed me was that Dr. Seeley mentions Dr. Karl von Frisch, scratching his head , while trying to interpret what at that time was still and what remained a puzzle for him.

Enter Dr. Seeley, so many years later, on another continent, looking to find something, bee behavior related, and yet in the process, he finds the correct explanation of what von Frisch could not at that time. His time that is.
    Namely, "the beep signal" another form of direct, vibratory, tactile and more than likely a pheromonal signal, all rolled in one behavior.

Also worth noticing, Dr. Seeley has 2 very popular books out there. One is The Wisdom of The Hive and the other is Honey Bee Democracy.
    Wisdom and Democracy. Wow. Heavy, loaded, meaningful words. Full of deep meaning. Bees. The greatest teachers.

Never occurred to me, well until now, why Dr. Seeley would not join the book selling campaign/marketing of the ever popular series "for dummies'". Or "idiot's guide".

It would have been a massive pain to put the words Wisdom and Democracy in those type of titles. That's just me now. Pondering.
    Shoo, that Wisdom of the Hive book, is north of $100.00. Yeah.

And Bernhard, that neurobiology stuff...wow mama!
    Last edited by apis maximus; 02-04-2015 at 11:31 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

The 2 books that you mentioned, on you tube there are 2 vids on them.
    Do a search on Dr. Seeley and you will see the vids there.
    Don't mix foreign bees into a virgin hive. She might get balled 100% of the time! When will you ever learn, huh?

Yep. Do a search. Then, research. As in search again.
    It never ends. Yeah, the learning thingie. Bees rock. We, sleep.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728