Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hive lifter

Default Re: Hive lifter

Did you ever manage to get an order in?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

i took a hard look at something like this and thought about other things as well, when this thread was new, it looked like a fair amount of money or a lot of work to build. this looked like a ok short term answer... last fall i bought a small basket case new holland skid steer and rebuilt it last winter. this was a good choice. i still am just using the bucket, the forks that came with it are next they need a little welding, not enough hours in a day, then lights.,, the new friend i bought it from called the other night he has, 2 cutouts to do in his girlfriends house and will help. this seems to be going well.

I have Kaptarlifts available. PM me if interested.
    Hartz

Quote Originally Posted by Hartz View Post
    I have Kaptarlifts available. PM me if interested.
    I have a couple friends who bought a Kaptarlifts and they were very disappointed and are trying to sell it. I've developed my own hive-lifter 7 years ago and it has worked very well. Last year, I started producing them for sale. If you would like to check it out, you can visit my website, www.beebreedingcentre.com . You can see video and pictures of it in action.

If you are looking a hive lifter made in the USA, then www.beehivelifters.com has two models at this time.

Lajos at Kaptarlift has made some very good upgrades and improvements to his Kaptarlift. The most appreciated upgrade/improvement is the elimination of the cable and spool which has now been changed over to a bicycle type chain drive which is MUCH stronger as well as will last a very long time with just normal care. Lajos shipped me the tall commercial version about a month ago. This is a video of the lift he sent me before he boxed it up for shipping:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFeqYntM9_Q

This is the newest version Lajos has built and he has not updated his website with a video yet but he sent me the link to the above video that shows the unit he had just finished building for me.

I elected to go with the manual version as these lifts go unused during the late Fall & Winter months and I believe that would be hard on any battery. Were I in a much warmer climate, I may have opted for the All Wheel Drive battery powered model but then again, I am a "thrifty" beekeeper.

For those who want a lithium battery powered hive box lifter below are some links that show them off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMy2...ature=youtu.be

http://www.kaptarlift.hu/ez-egy-mint...-professional/

Ordering was not as difficult as I thought it would be. I did have to send Lajos and international money wire payment because he apparently is not able to use Pay Pal or credit card payment in Hungary just yet. If you opt for ocean shipping as opposed to air freight, the shipping cost is substantially less but it takes significantly longer to reach you. Once the crate reaches port of entry, it is picked up by FEDEX and delivered to your door. There was NO customs charges. I called customs and verified this. They told me pretty much anything none living I inorganic, or metal under $2500 in value there is not customs fees. As per the forum rules, (I have no idea why) I cannot discuss prices.

You can email Lajos and work out pricing directly with him. His email is on the Kaptarlift website. This is my second Kaptarlift. The first one was the Tall Manual Kaptarlift that used the cable and spool lifting system which has done pretty good but can be a bit fussy at times if you don't store the Kaptarlift with the cable TOTALLY unwrapped from the spool with a bungee cord to hold some pressure on it to prevent the cable from kinking up. The second Kaptarlift is also the Tall Manual version but the upgraded and improved version which uses the chain drive. As you can see in the video, it works VERY smoothly and quietly and works MUCH better than the cable drive version. The Kaptarlift basically takes the place of another person to help lift, lift, and hold a box or stack of boxes while I am able to work on the brood box(es) below at the same time minimzing the amount of separating brood boxes and honey supers.

I can attest from my personal experience, Lajos and his shop employees at Kaptarlift do really nice, top quality work and are honest people.

Quote Originally Posted by Live Oak View Post

I can attest from my personal experience, Lajos and his shop employees at Kaptarlift do really nice, top quality work and are honest people.
    How much was shipping? and how long it took to deliver it?

Quote Originally Posted by D.Chep View Post
    How much was shipping? and how long it took to deliver it?
    My understanding of the forum rules (and I may be mistaken) is that there is to be NO discussion of prices whether they be for shipping or for the item being purchased. Shipping took 8 days via Air Freight I believe. You can PM me and I can elaborate more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12