Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Post your beekeeping Facebook page

7K views 34 replies 25 participants last post by  fin-addict 
#1 ·
If you have a Facebook page for your apiary/farm, post a link to it here so we can 'like' it. I currently have Lauri's and Ian's.

I like having a Facebook page because:

1. It's free.
  2. If you make it public, anyone can view it without needing an account.
  3. It's easy to manage and post pictures/videos.

I 'like' other beekeeping pages through my own beekeeping page so it keeps it separate from my personal profile. Anyway, its easier for me to update what I'm doing in my apiary on my Facebook page than it is to make a new post here every time. See signature for mine.

#5 ·
www.facebook.com/Apis.rustica

Almost all posts are in French, but a lot are pictures where the words matter little, and most of the time I use the latin names for the plants.

I use my facebook page to reach out to the beekeeping community, by posting relevant events and news items, but I find it also pretty darn useful for myself. I upload pictures whenever important blooms start or end, so I can easily look back at the archives to remember what were the dates for any particular species I've seen my bees working.

#24 ·
Definitely a thumbs up for this thread. I have enjoyed looking at all the pages. There's people from Hawaii to Canada, from the north to the south, different countries, and we can network together if we so choose. Any random facebooker looking at one of our pages can go to another bee page that's 'liked' by the page they are viewing. This thread is the best thing that's happened to my facebook bee page in a while lol I can't wait for springtime to bring swarm/cutout season and posting pictures of my bee related activities :)

#25 ·
Absolutely. It makes it easier to show other people what you're doing. People are doing a lot more than just what they're showing on Beesource, and there are a lot of creative and original people out there that give me inspiration, but I like Beesource for in depth discussions on complex subjects or questions I have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.