This week we bring you a great interview with Ashlee Robison who is a Senior Chemistry Major studying at Fort Lewis College in Colorado. She is doing research into the use of Thymol in controlling Varroa Mites.
Researching a Thymol Treatment for Varroa Mites
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- Why the existing methods of using Thymol are not efficient
- What is the biggest parasite of the Honey Bees in North America
- How do you attach a Thymol Molecule to a sugar Molecule.
- How to feed Thymol to Bees
- Nectar is a Glucose and Fructose Molecule connected together
- Field trials are going to start next Spring in North America
- Is it worth planting Thyme Plants near your Bee hives</li>
Have you ever used Thymol in your Beekeeping? Did it work for you?
Ways to subscribe to our podcast The kiwimana Buzz...
Click here to subscribe via iTunes
Click here to subscribe via RSS
You can also subscribe via Stitcher