Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Cut-out tomorrow

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  GOHoney 
#1 ·
I am doing a cut-out in the morning. I built a bee vac in my barn today.

Box Wood Hardwood Furniture Plywood
Table Wood Furniture
Wood Plywood Hardwood Table Room

See less See more
#8 ·
Cut-out is done. A long day, a lot bigger than a I thought. No pics, I was covered in honey but my helper was taking video. As soon as I get it together I will get it posted. The bee vac worked great, how ever I did make one mistake, only making one catch cage. I had to bring them to my place in two different loads. Man, they are really pissed off after vacuuming! When I opened the trap cage they swarmed me. I walked into the timber and hid for a few minutes to get away, even after I came out they found me again. I hope they calm down in a day or so. I never seen the queen, she may be in the bees I brought home. I much prefer trap-outs.

#9 ·
It appears all is forgiven. It has been 48 hours since I relocated them. I went and checked them tonight and they still took interest in me but did not try to attack me. I checked last night and they still did not want me around. I'll give them a few days and check for the queen, if none I will get one ordered or give them a frame of eggs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.