side by side atv/utv's - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: side by side atv/utv's

Quote Originally Posted by MTN-Bees View Post
    We have a Polaris Ranger mid size 500cc. Does everything we need it to do. I don't think you can go wrong with the Polaris Ranger. Polaris does make a commercial side by side called the Brute. That was out of my price range.
    I agree with the above. If you maintain your machine and don't abuse it, it will last a long time.

I've had a Ranger 500 for just over a year now. I try to take the easy road and not look for the most difficult path to get there. I've had zero trouble with it.

If it doesn't haul what I need in one trip, I make another trip....my bee yard is only half a mile away.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    Mike, seriously, wouldn't moving your yards closer to the road solve your problem more easily than hauling around a tractor or an atv?
    most of mine are on farms, I put them where they will allow me to, which is far out of the way, when the tractors get in during the spring I can have all kinds of fun. I also believe in out of site out of mind, so far in 11 years only problem has been bullet holes in one hive, I know who did it(pretty sure) so I just casually told them I found the bullets and turned them over to the police(which I did), haven't had a problem since. One of the worst yards I have is in my own back yard, most springs I have to use my big tractor to get up to super, they call it mud season for a reason. When the insurance people up here get like the ones in Mass. that I have run across, you to may start putting yours more than a few feet off the road . besides my old tractor has a snow blower on the back, my new little one has one on the front, I'm not getting any younger and driving backwards down a 800ft driveway three times in a good storm is getting old. My buddy just had shoulder surgery and is 75, we help each other move hives, the forks on the tractor will have to move the hives now as best he can do is pick up a loaded 5lb jar so far. so many reasons, still would rather have got the side by side, a better toy but not as practical, now that is how a fiscal conservative evaluates his options
    mike syracuse ny
    Whatever you subsidize you get more of. Ronald Reagan

I've known beekeepers that set their honey supers on pallets in the bee yard in the Fall after extracting. So then they don't have to haul them in come Spring.
    Mark Berninghausen

My wife's uncle has the Kubota 900. We live in WV so the terrain is VERY steep. While it is a solid machine it is TERRIBLE on steep inclines. We just had to back down a very steep incline the other day because the Kubota wouldn't climb the hill. Very dangerous situation. Might be good for flatlanders but if you live in hill country don't get the Kubota. Boggs down all the time on the steep inclines that lesser machines walk right up.

i have a kubota rtv 900 just bought it with 254 hours on it paid 7000$ (i got a pretty good deal) i plan on using t to drive to a yard i have down the road very solid machine and holds its value very well for resale it can haul i alot of weight in dump bed its a kubota so as long as you change oil /other general maintence you would be good mcon672 did you try and pump the throtal as you went up the hill that is what you are to do when going up hills because of the hydro tranny and its workings i would sugest the kubota rtv i love it my boys love it and my wife (now that shes starting to forget what i paid for it) loves it to for chores around the yard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12