Inhaling Beehive Air - Apitherapy - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 73
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    brownwood, TX, USA
    Posts
    856

    Default Re: Inhaling Beehive Air - Apitherapy

    Just when you think you've heard it all.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Gainesboro, Tennessee, USA.
    Posts
    394

    Default Re: Inhaling Beehive Air - Apitherapy

    Oh ya my wife sell lavender diaper balms for newborns and lavender lipbalms. They are in big demand!

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, OH, USA
    Posts
    491

    Default Re: Inhaling Beehive Air - Apitherapy

    Hopefully people aren't doing this during the goldenrod flow.

    ETA: Oops, missed the entire 2nd page; here I thought I was being original and clever.

    So has anybody tried to explain exactly what fumes people must be inhaling that naturally exist inside the beehive, that make this treatment "work"? Or is it supposed to be naturalistic magic?
    Beeless since 2012; coming back in 2014. Suffering from apicultural withdrawal!

  5. #44
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN USA
    Posts
    685

    Default Re: Inhaling Beehive Air - Apitherapy

    Quote Originally Posted by melliferal View Post
    Or is it supposed to be naturalistic magic?
    Basically this.
    Beekeeper since 2013. Read my bee blog at:
    http://harrisonbayhoney.blogspot.com

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    106

    Default Re: Inhaling Beehive Air - Apitherapy

    It's nice being out in the woods, around clover pastures, etc. It's pleasant to the senses. When you're in town, around a machine shop, covered with grease...Theres nothing nicer than getting out to check on the hives and smelling propolis, honey, fresh beeswax, etc. If you don't like working with bees, then you need to find something else to work on.

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    106

    Default Re: Inhaling Beehive Air - Apitherapy

    Quote Originally Posted by lazy shooter View Post
    Just when you think you've heard it all.
    Cdt/scent therapy relaxes some of us. If somebody doesn't want to buy a hive of bees, but wants to pay me to sniff my hives... Happy customers, happy beekeepers That's the rule of the land.

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    109

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    brownwood, TX, USA
    Posts
    856

    Default Re: Inhaling Beehive Air - Apitherapy

    Quote Originally Posted by grumpybeeman View Post
    Cdt/scent therapy relaxes some of us. If somebody doesn't want to buy a hive of bees, but wants to pay me to sniff my hives... Happy customers, happy beekeepers That's the rule of the land.
    I am still an old fashioned fellow, and capitalism is a beautiful thing to me. If there's buyers and sellers, I'm good to go with charging for aromatherapy.

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Inhaling Beehive Air - Apitherapy

    I need help!

    I am currently working on an artistic research about the Api- therapy that entails breathing in the
    air from a bee hive. I'm collecting information (even rumours or tall tails) for a book about it.

    I am in search of historical information that helps trace the impact of the therapy air from the hive.

    Critical questions include:

    - Where and when did hive inhalation originate?
    - Are there particular cultures that utilise it more than others?
    - How does the shape of the hive affect the breathing experience?
    (photos of different methods would be greatly appreciated)

    Secondary questions are:

    - How has the experience evolved over time?
    - What role does technology play in it?
    - Is hive inhalation preformed only for sick people?

    I'm interested to see if anyone can help point me in the right direction. Any feedback is much appreciated.

  11. #50
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    cantonment, fl
    Posts
    165

    Default Re: Inhaling Beehive Air - Apitherapy

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    looks good to me!

  12. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Isle of Wight, VA
    Posts
    2,751

    Default Re: Inhaling Beehive Air - Apitherapy

    Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    I need help!

    I am currently working on an artistic research about the Api- therapy that entails breathing in the
    air from a bee hive. I'm collecting information (even rumours or tall tails) for a book about it.

    I am in search of historical information that helps trace the impact of the therapy air from the hive.

    Critical questions include:

    - Where and when did hive inhalation originate?
    - Are there particular cultures that utilise it more than others?
    - How does the shape of the hive affect the breathing experience?
    (photos of different methods would be greatly appreciated)

    Secondary questions are:

    - How has the experience evolved over time?
    - What role does technology play in it?
    - Is hive inhalation preformed only for sick people?

    I'm interested to see if anyone can help point me in the right direction. Any feedback is much appreciated.
    It seems to be more popular in Europe than in America. All we seem to do here is crack jokes about it. I just found this site recently for a machine that vaporizes the propolis units. There are a couple more European sites if you try google.

    http://kontak.it/en/propoltherapy-model

    I don't know the history of this, but Dr Stefan Stangaciu of Canada is doing some neat things with apitherapy. www.Apitherapy.com

  13. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Inhaling Beehive Air - Apitherapy

    Quote Originally Posted by ruthiesbees View Post
    It seems to be more popular in Europe than in America. All we seem to do here is crack jokes about it. I just found this site recently for a machine that vaporizes the propolis units. There are a couple more European sites if you try google.

    http://kontak.it/en/propoltherapy-model

    I don't know the history of this, but Dr Stefan Stangaciu of Canada is doing some neat things with apitherapy. www.Apitherapy.com
    Thank you for your feedback!

    I understand the jokes, cause it is very unusual experience.

    It's an amazing experience that bee-keepers sometimes take for granted and
    good people are even willing to pay good money for.

  14. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland,Auckland,New Zealand
    Posts
    9,946

    Default Re: Inhaling Beehive Air - Apitherapy

    Thanks for taking it all in good humor Beans.

    I've never done this in the way you talk about, but do believe that breathing air from beehives puts people in a good mood. I base this on the many people I have shown beehives over the years, who turn from fearful to really enjoying the experience. I like the smell of a beehive myself, and think it is one of the things that influences people.

  15. #54
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Catskills, NY
    Posts
    276

    Default Re: Inhaling Beehive Air - Apitherapy

    I've seen the sleeping/laying down on the lounger beehives thing before. Must be something to a thing if it's done by independent different people/places.

    And to the guy who was knocking everything, including alternative medicine, you're just looking to start a fight. It's funny really. I can see that you know you're wrong. Isn't that the definition of trolling?

    Mike Bush, I commend your ability to stay calm.

  16. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Fountain County, Indiana
    Posts
    399

    Default Re: Inhaling Beehive Air - Apitherapy

    Bee air makes me happy, but that may be because I'm working the bees

  17. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Miami, Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    9,340

    Default Re: Inhaling Beehive Air - Apitherapy

    A good way to get sick

  18. #57
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hampstead, NC USA
    Posts
    1,208

    Default Re: Inhaling Beehive Air - Apitherapy

    Wow! I just came across this thread while searching for a way to remove the coloring from dyed candles.
    Yes indeed the smell of a beehive can be quite calming. Or maybe not? The smell of a beehive that has a fair population of wax moths is not so calming. As a matter of fact I've come across a hive or two that had this acrid smell. Upon opening and confirming the dead out I've become "uncalm". This smell triggered my uncalm sensory glands and caused me to take the hive(s) and throw, stomp, break, destroy, put asunder etcetera said hive(s). Once this was done I have to admit I was pretty darn calm. I guess some would call my actions violent and counterproductive. Being a child of the earth and one that is completely in tune with my mother I call it purging, cleansing and cathartic. Yes I may have destroyed some expensive bee equipment and I just might have shouted obscenities so loud that the neighbors just might have called the po-po, again, but that's all good because I was simply getting rid of the demons. Temporarily.
    Anyway, all that aside, anyone ever small moth balls?

  19. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Mogollon Rim, Arizona 85933
    Posts
    747

    Default Re: Inhaling Beehive Air - Apitherapy

    maybe I should charge people to sit in my barn in Oregon, it smell deeply of that sweet beehive scent. It's overpowering, and you can chill with bee's buzzing all around you.

  20. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lottsburg, Virginia USA
    Posts
    1,683

    Default Re: Inhaling Beehive Air - Apitherapy

    Inhaling from the back of the hives inside a beehouse is quite commom in Slovenia. Some of the old beekeepers there will often have a bed on top of their AZ hives and sometimes sleep there claiming that sleeping with the hum of the hives is very restful There are also some who practice so called dynamic beekeeping which I think originated from Dr Rudolph Steiner which I think seems to stretch ones imagination. Beekeeping seems to have a place for many strange practices.
    Johno

  21. #60
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hampstead, NC USA
    Posts
    1,208

    Default Re: Inhaling Beehive Air - Apitherapy

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidZ View Post
    maybe I should charge people to sit in my barn in Oregon, it smell deeply of that sweet beehive scent. It's overpowering, and you can chill with bee's buzzing all around you.
    Interesting. I've yet to meet a beekeeper that has the ability to chill for more than a few minutes?
    I might be good for an entire half hour of being over powered with aroma and sound. After that the ants in my pants will over power the most aromatic bee.

    Quote Originally Posted by johno View Post
    Inhaling from the back of the hives inside a beehouse is quite commom in Slovenia. Beekeeping seems to have a place for many strange practices.
    Johno
    Wow! THAT may be the understatement of the decade here in Beesource. Strange practices and strange about everything else too. I'm so stuck in the mud that I think "honey pairing" is a far fetched gimik used to help people promote themselves and their self absorbing egos.
    To me, everything other than pollination and honey production, is a pile of garbage drummed up by posers that think they have the latest and greatest discovery. If it is honey bee related it puts their discovery at a whole new and earthy level. So appealing to the ignorant masses.

    remember how honey bees were supposed to be able to sniff out cancer in people? How's that working out.
    "Challenger" as in the Mopar muscle car. Not a personality description .
    Keeping bees to raise money for chordoma.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •