Inhaling Beehive Air - Apitherapy - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Inhaling Beehive Air - Apitherapy

Bernhard, that is one large drone cell on that hive! I wonder how many mites could reproduce in there?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BernhardHeuvel View Post
    You better try one of those inhaling devices:

Yes, one can become crazy about bees...
    I can't quite tell whether these are beds or coffins.
    www.apisrustica.com Bee Breeding: Canadian nuclei & queens
    www.facebook.com/Apis.rustica

The smell of beeswax candles is calming... Why do you think so many old churches use them? Smelling beeswax & propolis calms the senses. If you don't like and enjoy the smell of honey & beeswax, then there's something wrong with you. At bare minimum the smell of fresh honey and beeswax is the smell of a successful summer in the works. Atleast until you get stung.
    Last edited by grumpybeeman; 01-30-2014 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edymnion View Post
    Funny, every time I see someone going on about the power of crystals, they're usually trying to sell said crystals to me, not give them away. I doubt anyone that would be doing this bee huffing "treatment" is going to be offering it for free either.
    Since when did medicine become free? Last time I went to a doctor I could have bought a new to me used car with what he charged me.
    Everything gets darker, as it goes to where there is less light. Darrel Tank (5PM drawing instructor)

"Free bee air with the purchase of a honey bear" "One huff with the purchase of a honey stick" You must be talking about crystallized honey!!! It doesn't run off a hot peanut butter sandwich. Sell pb sandwiches, honey bears, honey sticks, and free bee air. Happy-healthy customers for life! Maybe for laughs give away free bee air from a display hive so the kids can watch the bees buzz like crazy when air passes them by. Smelling air out of beehives is good for you, it's the smell of good healthy bees and fresh summer flowers. It's time to sell it out of those nice stores in the mall where lady's go to buy fancy perfume.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpybeeman View Post
    The smell of beeswax candles is calming... Why do you think so many old churches use them? Smelling beeswax & propolis calms the senses. If you don't like and enjoy the smell of honey & beeswax, then there's something wrong with you. At bare minimum the smell of fresh honey and beeswax is the smell of a successful summer in the works. Atleast until you get stung.
    Have you ever smelled the inside of a beehive?
    Mark Berninghausen

Do you like the smell of beego? I sure don't. Take it easy on the beego aftershave and you'll smell the hive when you open it up.

There are certain times of the year when a whiff of beehive air does smell quite good to me, but other times, like when the goldenrod is coming in, no. Like grumpybeeman said above, who can't appreciate the smell of honey, beeswax, and propolis. I think even the bees themselves must smell pretty good, but I'm not about to bury my face in a big cluster of bees to find out.

They don't smell too nice when they're buzzing on the end of your nose.

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    Have you ever smelled the inside of a beehive?
    Not everyone uses scented repellents, has some kind of foolbrood epidemic, or lives in an area where goldenrod stinks (I'm still dismayed by that one, goldenrod honey around here is great).

I've never had an unpleasant odor from my hives.

If it tastes/smells like butter scotch, you're getting the wild asters. Theres some people out there that hate the smell of buckwheat. I personally like when they're working the wild apple and plum trees. Who can forget maple & norway spruce trees though.

If it tastes/smells like butter scotch, you're getting the wild asters. Theres some people out there that hate the smell of buckwheat. I personally like when they're working the wild apple and plum trees. Who can forget maple & norway spruce trees though.
    Goldenrod honey is a common and appreciated product over here, which I liken to dandelion honey. There is a lot of goldenrod near my apiaries which my bees go crazy over, but I have not noticed asters. Keep in mind that there are a number of goldenrod species, and from various testimonies on these forums, your southern goldenrod is in no way as appealing as our northern goldernrod. I can't tell you which goldenrod species make good honey and which don't, but others seem to say that some of your northern states have the good kind too.

Maybe it's time to start growing lavender fields like the french have been doing for years.

The smell of beeswax candles is calming... Why do you think so many old churches use them?
    Because paraffin wasn't invented until the 1800's, and old churches tend to stick to traditional methods? Same reason you don't see many electric flicker bulb candles in old churches?

Also because tallow candles produce greasy soot, where beeswax burns clean.
    Beekeeper since 2013. Read my bee blog at:
    http://harrisonbayhoney.blogspot.com

Hookah Hives -- coming to beekeeping suppliers near you soon!

Maybe it's time to start growing lavender fields like the french have been doing for years.
    Right, because there is such a good market for lavender and lavender honey, right? What is lavender grown for anyway?
    Mark Berninghausen

Hey folks maybe it's a new test AFB

research has shown that bacteria in the soil has properties that help relieve stress in the body. Gardeners are typically happier people than those who never fool with one.

The further man pushes himself from nature the further from the little benefits that are found in nature like the scent of beeswax, honey, and propolis. Not to mention a host of other things. While this does seem odd, there is almost always a grain of truth to these things even if it has been blown out of proportion.

As beekeepers who get into hives alot we dont have to pay. haha

I don't know about bee air, but apitherapy helped me with lung issues. Two stings front and back each, right about where the top of the lungs start and close to the spine. Ice first.

There are also chemicals in bee venom that are found in the human body and are beneficial..........
    dopamine and serotonin.

Thumbs up to Kamon! Nature is healing in many ways. Probably by using any of the 5 senses in some way.

In answer to Mark's question about lavender.... there is a big market for lavender essential oils. It is used to scent bath soaps, laundry detergents, used in massage oil, etc. It has antiseptic properties, is soothing and smells great.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast