What is local raw honey? - Page 15
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Default Re: What is local raw honey?

I can't imagine his honey being anywhere near as nice as mine. My customers tell me it's the best honey they have ever tasted. I agree.
    Mark Berninghausen

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

it reminds me of something one of my customers said to me, as i was explaining how much careful attention i had devoted to make sure that this honey was as good as it could be, he spouted:

"every beekeeper i've ever bought honey from claimed their's was the best..."
    journaling the growth of a (mite) treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

Well sure, what else would they say? "Would you like to buy some honey? It isn't the best. It's not as good as other honey you have eaten. Want to try some? Come on, taste it. It isn't the best, but you will agree it is almost as good. No? Aww, come on. How am I gonna make any money if you don't buy my second best honey?"
    Mark Berninghausen

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    Here is a third degree question. Your Profile says that your occupation is "Beekeeper". What else do you do? Certainly you don't live off of your bees, do you?
    At this point I would guess that his main occupation is being a Trustafarian.
    Honey Badger Don't Care ಠ_ಠ ~=[,,_,,]:3

Well sure, what else would they say? "Would you like to buy some honey? It isn't the best. It's not as good as other honey you have eaten. Want to try some? Come on, taste it. It isn't the best, but you will agree it is almost as good. No? Aww, come on. How am I gonna make any money if you don't buy my second best honey?"
    I dunno, I tend to say that there are a lot of great honeys, but as it depends on taste, one can't objectively say any given sample is the best, because no one would agree. Honey is complex, much like wine, and a huge number of factors influence the organoleptic properties of the honey. My honey is great, and I can say a bunch of reason why it is so, but the only honey I'd bother bashing to make my own look good is the imported kind. After all, I can give as much care and love as I want to my bees, my hives, and my honey, but if at the end of the day all I have to sell is clover honey, and my customer likes stronger honeys like buckweat, how could I convince him my honey is the best?

Then again, I give a good portion of my honey to family, charity, and my own mead trials.

Needles to say, I don't live off the sale of honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabber86 View Post
    At this point I would guess that his main occupation is being a Trustafarian.
    Heh heh heh LOL... yea... "Trustafarian" - that's good one!
    "If nominated, I will not run; if elected, I will not serve."
    - W.T.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Giles View Post
    I could not agree more.
    You agree that one should know their beekeeper but you don't think we should know you?
    Mark Berninghausen

You agree that one should know their beekeeper but you don't think we should know you?
    He is not your beekeeper.
    Beeless since 2012; coming back in 2014. Suffering from apicultural withdrawal!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415