How many beeks on here are under 25 yrs old? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How many beeks on here are under 25 yrs old?

I am 25 for another few months. I just started with my wife and 3 boys (1 month, 2 yrs, 4 yrs) this past year. We had around 5-6 hives at some point this year, but are down to 2 strong over the winter. Have just ordered supplies to increase hive numbers for next year. I am hoping to slowly increase hive numbers for my boys to be able to take off with it when they get a bit older. Unless one of you has a bee suit for a 1 month old I can borrow?
    As Grandma says "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me"

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by babybee View Post
    The fundamentals in this industry are better than ever. The sky is the limit if you are willing to work hard and smart. And listen to the old beekeepers that are willing to help you, their knowledge is almost unlimited.
    Bravo! Very well stated.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

I am 18, I had 15-ish hives when I left for college a few months ago. Hopefully they are all still there. I also work on the bee crew at my college, and we have 8 hives going into winter.

I'm 24 and this is my 5th year. Two years at this yard and went from 2 queen-rights to 7, with about a dozen 'nucs' of various sizes. Also did my first queen grafting this year. Been making propolis tinctures for a few years now and looking to focus on queen breeding...

Quote Originally Posted by Honey-4-All View Post
    Hey Ben,

Once your married its bound to be the case that one day your wife will turn around and tell you to "Knock it off" and "Grow up." If you don't hear it verbally you will hear it non verbally.... You will never be over 25 if you continue to keep bees and get married......... Not even after 50 years........

PS. A good wife will keep you young...... Here's to hoping you find a great one.
    OK - I know this is a pretty male-dominated forum and I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt by assuming you're not being totally sincere... but cut the patriarchy. If I ever pick up a HUSBAND, you better believe he's gonna know which side his bread is honeyed on...

Im 20 and had 90 last time i checked. Hope to double that this spring. Been doing 8+ years, still lots to learn.

Hey now, not all women will tell you to grow out of it. As a young female Beek, I think it is attractive to also be a Beek. I say, choose your partner wisely and not have to stop because someone else doesn't like it!

I agree with Sunny. Once I became a beekeeper, I noticed allot more women flirting with me. Of course my good looks obviously contribute to this but I wish I had started when I was younger.
    My opinions are based on whatever OD Frank says because he thinks he knows everything!

I just turned 25 I keep between 100-125 now. Hoping to enter the spring with three digits of hives. Bees are treatment free for over 8 years with various degrees of success. LOVE IT.

Excellent! Cheers to the young beekeepers! You are the future!
    5-8 hives

I am going into the 40 s and learning a lot each day.
    Be good to people that are good is my first rule.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12