Stingless bees from Philippines - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Stingless bees from Philippines

What is the brood cycle like for these bees? How long from egg laid to bee emerged? Awesome pictures by the way! Neat to see the journey.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jwcarlson View Post
    What is the brood cycle like for these bees? How long from egg laid to bee emerged? Awesome pictures by the way! Neat to see the journey.
    I'm not really sure about the brood cycle. I can't find a lot of documentation about this species. I'm now looking forward to multiply my hives to at least 100 in the next two years.

hi sir apo where you from particularly in cabacan? i have start to colony kyut native from mindanao i hope we can share ideas in the future.. Do you have any idea how to exploit the laevecips for multiple colony production? this is mine for 1 month old colony and split to 2.IMG_8003.jpgIMG_8004 (Medium).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by alvinsambas View Post
    hi sir apo where you from particularly in cabacan? i have start to colony kyut native from mindanao i hope we can share ideas in the future.. Do you have any idea how to exploit the laevecips for multiple colony production? this is mine for 1 month old colony and split to 2.IMG_8003.jpgIMG_8004 (Medium).jpg
    Hello @alvinsambas. Sorry for the late reply. Nice to know there are other stingless beekeepers here in Mindanao. Do you have a facebook account? I'm interested to talk and share ideas with about stingless bees.

Quote Originally Posted by Apo Mariano View Post
    Trying my luck in baiting a swarm of apis cerana. This hive is based on the japanese hive designed for apis cerana japonica. I hope our native bees will adapt this design.

No frames unlike the langstroth design. The wire mesh will help hold the honeycombs in place once the bees start to settle in.

Beeswax are placed inside to attract bees. It is supposed to be melted and brushed on to the walls but I got too lazy. Lemongrass are also rubbed on to the walls as bee attractant.

The top bar where the bees will attach their honeycombs.

Ready to go!
    Kumusta po Apo Mariano.. I have to ask U about apis cerana indica... Will this kind of bees will fill ur 2 boxes with their natural honey comb like Japonica? I have a 2 colonies of cerana.. John

263 Argao St., Candelaria, Quezon Province, Philippines

Re: Stingless bees, Hello Apo your first inspection of hive 1 on this picture how many days would it take to harvest more or less?

May I ask you friend where can I get the hive plans for Trigona bees like the one you have built?

Quote Originally Posted by Apo Mariano View Post
    I just want to share my first stingless bee colonies. Hopefully they will survive!

Any beekeepers who are willing to share their knowledge about bees is most welcome.

The arrival

Waiting to fly

1st hive strong start

2nd hive trying to keep up

Any update on stingless bees in Davao area. much appreciated.

Thanks.

Love this Honey. We go down to Peru in the Amazon 2x a year. I facilitate Ayahuasca Tours.
    There is a family raising stingless bees in Puerto Gennerro on the Ucayali. I get a liter of liquid gold every year
    them, maybe if lucky I can get 2 liters.
    They have internet there deep in the Amazon, hey the Amazon is being lit up with pole lighting now, frigging strange after 30yrs
    of exploring to see it change.

has anyone been able to locate this type of bees in the US?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234