Re: diy oxalic acid vaporizer
No, the aluminum will not react with the OA. Maybe this is a weaker acid.
I have made a simple small bowl out of the heavy duty aluminum foil.
Then use a small candle flame to burn off the OA at the
hive bottom with a 2" hole thru the bottom board. The hive must use shims to
raise it so the bees will not get burn too. After a few tests run I got it. And the
mites are dropping like flies after the first 2 rounds of treatment. I use 1/2 teaspoon
per nuc hive. And time it to 3 minutes then removed the flame.
It works though very primitive method for a small scale hobby hives.
Don't mix foreign bees into a virgin hive. She might get balled 100% of the time! When will you ever learn, huh?