How I plan on overwintering 40 mating nucs on mini frames - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Default Re: How I plan on overwintering 40 mating nucs on mini frames

Lauri,
    I am looking forward to your winter postings. I have one cordovan queen from Pendell Apiaries. I bought two, but I lost the other queen to my clumsiness. I am doing everything I can think of to get her though the winter. I also have daughter of R Weaver's buckfast queen. She overwintered well. I am planning to get another buckfast queen next year and requeen hive. I would like to get back to 1st generation buckfast bees.
    I am only a hobby beekeeper so I learn so much from beekeeper's who share what has worked for them.
    I can build all of my wooden ware so I'd like to get suggestions as to what the best overwintering/queen-raising equipment that have worked for other beekeepers.
    Thank you for taking time sharing your knowledge and experience in what must be a very busy life.

Mary
    Last edited by emrude; 09-12-2016 at 01:33 PM. Reason: wrong name on queen

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Lauri, looking forward to the winter update. I was part of a round table discussion recently on the requirements of the beekeeping industry and the prerequisites for beginning to build a domestic bee and queen rearing industry in Canada.

I would be very interested in hearing from you on what steps would be necessary to encourage beekeepers to set up local rearing operations, with a view to growing the domestic supply. You do something very much along the lines of what I imagine is the future for us, so hearing what you see in terms of industry needs and how to get there would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by WesternWilson View Post
    Lauri, looking forward to the winter update. I was part of a round table discussion recently on the requirements of the beekeeping industry and the prerequisites for beginning to build a domestic bee and queen rearing industry in Canada.

I would be very interested in hearing from you on what steps would be necessary to encourage beekeepers to set up local rearing operations, with a view to growing the domestic supply. You do something very much along the lines of what I imagine is the future for us, so hearing what you see in terms of industry needs and how to get there would be great.
    I got your email Janet, Sorry about the delay in my response. I'll reply to your questions asap. Still doing fall chores. A 3 hour trip each way today over White pass to get alfalfa today. Beautiful trip this time of year.
    PA230542.jpg
    Lauri Miller.
    Carniolan Hybrids. Glenn, Latshaw & Wild lines.

That does look like a beautiful trip, however long! Looking forward to your reply Lauri, especially reflections on both short term measures and long term goals for establishing a stable queen and bee breeding capacity.

bonjour , je vous donnes des nuvelles de mes mini plus,pour le moment tout va bien

[IMG][/IMG]

Bonjour a tous,
    mes mini+on passé l hiver et j attends l arrivées des mâles pour diviser mes boites et faire des nouveaux mini+ j ai fabriqué des Quatro nuc que je vais peupler bientot et je vous mettrais des photos
    À bientôt

Bonjour a toutes et a tous, il y a longtemps que je ne suis passé sur le forum ,cause beaucoup de travail pour elevage des reines en mini plus et quatroplus
    voila un lien de mon rucher d elevage de reines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvPPshraiXs

a bientot

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678