I, like several people caught a swarm on Memorial Day. I'm glad we have some patriotic bees! Anyway, I took the swarm trap down and replaced it with an empty trap. I took the swarm home and have them set up and they are doing great. I returned to the trap site a few days later and saw several bees flying around the new trap. Needless to say, I was excited, but I didn't see any pollen coming in. It has now been almost two weeks since that new trap has been in place and I checked again yesterday. Still bee activity but no pollen. I have read that scout bees might "reserve" a home for several days before a swarm moves in, but this is pretty long. When I removed the first trap with a swarm, it was almost dark so I'm sure I got most, if not all, of the bees. Could these bees that are there just be left overs that refuse to give up? The hive I set up is in my back yard and as the bee flies, is probably about 300 yards from the original trap location. Could some of the bees suffer from a "senior moment" and go back to the original trap location, forgetting how to get back to the new home? On the new trap, it looks like most of the bees are hanging around the entrance so the may indeed be scouts. I will tell you, this trap stuff has been some of the most fun I've had in a long time. Waiting for a swarm is like waiting for Santa Claus at Christmas time.