Trucks on I-10 New Mexico and West Texas

Default Trucks on I-10 New Mexico and West Texas

I just came back from almonds, we took our bees on our own under 26k rig.
    It is amassing to witness such a migration of bees and people that love their bees.
    Some areas at the almond valleys are just packed with beekeepers and their equipment fills hotels and gas stations. I just loved it!
    Anyways, at the New Mexico's beekeepers association on Facebook, there is an announcement of a possible rollover of semi full of bees on I-40
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/nmbka/

I live in Anthony NM, between Las Cruces and El Paso TX a few miles from I-10; may a beekeeper run into problems and may need a hand, please let us know, we would be glad to help out without any monetary gain. I will keep my truck with a tank full and bee suits on hand so that we can run to help you -hopefully never. I pray for good and safe travel to all; may the rumor of the turned over semi just stay as a rumor and nothing else.

Aurelio & Veronica Paez; DBA Michas Honey House
    915-603-7499 -call any time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Trucks on I-10 New Mexico and West Texas

We sent over 120,000 hives from FL to CA for almonds this year. That is to say Florida Apiary Inspection certified 120,000 for shipment.
    americasbeekeeper.com
    [email protected]

I hope your statistical numbers were not "cooked" by RR

As a former West Coast resident, I understand how all those southeast states sort of all blend together for Westerners. But RR was a Mississippi "chef", not Florida.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Sorry, every time a see big numbers I just wonder if someone is pulling another RR on me. -I got my refund, but the aggravation is still there.

Kudos 2 u for bein willing 2 help out fellow beeks in trouble. Dont see that much anymore i give ya 2 thumbs up!!!!!!!!
    AKA BEEMAN800

.......we sent over 120,000 thousand hives "americasbeekeeper" ......

you forgot......
    ........and 5 trillion hive beetle......., ha ha ha

No "cooking" I supervise the Out of State Shipping Permits, RIFA certificates, California Compliance Agreements, and get the calls in the middle of the night from the Ag Interdiction stations. There were a few that left FL without paperwork, not included in the 120,000, that I get called from the CA station.
    americasbeekeeper.com
    [email protected]

AmericasBeekeeper,
    About 5 weeks ago, at the last few miles of Arizona on I-10, I saw a truck full of hives heading east. I asked the inspector about it at the CA station taking care of my cargo, she told me the truck and cargo had "issues". It was a truck from Florida.
    I just felt bad about the beekeeper that sent that load, I just hope he was able to rescue it somehow.

I brought my bees home from Livingston last night, North on 99 I seen four flatbeds pulling trailered hummerbees and loads of hives on them!! I felt like an anchovy swimming with great white sharks with my small load of 6 hives!! They are doing major construction on Hwy 99 in both directions in Modesto so the traffic was terrible, even at 10 PM. The plus side, I let a beekeeper cut in front of me on the merge to one lane and I got to stare at the boxes, pallets, tie downs and the hummer bee!! Beats just watching tail lights.
    Coyote Creek Bees