Terrence Ingram - 11 Hives Destroyed by the IDofA - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Default Re: Terrence Ingram - 11 Hives Destroyed by the IDofA

Quote Originally Posted by beeware10 View Post
    Its good that the facts are finally coming out. now some of the previous posts appear to be done too early without the facts before hitting send.
    so much for the guys in black cars and suits. lol

How do we know THESE are the correct facts? The only one I have heard from (via video) is Terrance, so I know he actually exists...all other opinions stated as FACT are posted here, by unknowns.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Agreed. It's all a conspiracy, by Monsanto and their agents.
    "Every viewpoint, is a view from a point." - Solomon Parker

Facts? From a deluded old man? Please. Give it up!

Since when is video a "fact?"

It is obvious that alot of those that post have not heard the horror stories of AFB from the 20's through the 40's. SQKCRK , help me here, was it not the introduction of Sulfa drugs AND inspection programs that finally cleaned u[p the mess and dramatically reduced losses from AFB?

In an article from 1924, my Great Grandfather found a hive in his yard with the author, and immediately sulfured and burned it. The gentleman in question had alot more time than that.

Crazy Roland

Quote Originally Posted by beekNIL View Post
    Since when is video a "fact?"
    Re-read my post. I never said his video was fact. All I know is he ACTUALLY exists...

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Agreed. It's all a conspiracy, by Monsanto and their agents.
    No, I do not believe that.

As my mentor plumber Frank told me "Water goes up and "stuff" goes down. This is just "stuff."

Quote Originally Posted by beekNIL View Post
    As my mentor plumber Frank told me "Water goes up and "stuff" goes down. This is just "stuff."

Stink up, poop down, payday is on Friday, and do not bite your nails on break!

How do you know his video is actually true? You DO NOT! He is not in his right mind. Can I post a video and you will believe that?
    Last edited by Barry; 05-23-2012 at 08:15 PM. Reason: uncivil

Quote Originally Posted by David LaFerney View Post
    No idea about what is going on in this particular case, but in TN we are required by law to register all of our hives (free to do) and if AFB is found anywhere the state inspects all known hives in the area - all infected hives are burned. Completely. And they pay you $50 per hive.

However we have very low incidence of American Foul Brood. Personally I don't feel all that violated.
    Thanks for posting the $50 "compensation". That is laughable. A good producing hive is worth about 8 times that amount. I will will be contacting my legislative representatives about this and lobby to that so called "compensation" and ask them to show me where I can buy a honey producing hive for $50.

A finished cypress wood hive will cost at least $200 (hive stand, 2 brood boxes, 2 honey supers, inner cover, telescoping cover, 20 brood frames, 20 honey super frames, foundation, and bottom board, painted). Figure $80-$100 per bee package, then extapolate to the value of 50,000 to 100,000 bees is a big strong hive. Then figure the value of your time building all of this, the sugar syrup, dry feed, and tending to the bees to get the hive all drawn out in comb, treatments, etc. Reasonable compensation in my opinion would be about $400. Yeah, I can hear the laughter now from the TN State Bee Keeper Mike Struder and the TN Dept. of Agriculture now.

$50 is NOT compensation........that is an outrageous insult.

On the issue of accountability and responsibility of state employees, their limted immunity should be immediately stripped if it is proven that they have violated any law, regulation, or engaged in any miscoduct. When their homes, retirement plans, pensions, savings, salary, and personal belongings are put at risk of civil forfeiture........it is amazing how responsible and down right reasonable they conduct themselves. DON'T hold your breath waiting for this to happen.

Even if this guy's bees did have foul brood, this could have been handled MUCH MUCH better.

Seems like the I's were dotted and the T's were crossed. The only one who could have handled this better would have been the beekeeper. It is a shame that it came to this. It is also a shame that he is in denial. Hs bitter and he knows not why. I have been all over the world and have seen countries with very little law and order. People risk everything to come here for what we have. Freedom isn't free= it comes with responsibilities. First one is to do no harm to others. This man was- by his denial. He will continue though. If this were a police state he wouldn't be allowed. The problem equipment was abated ( at least we hope)
    I fought for our freedom and will again. It is everyone's responsibility.

Let's find civil ways to disagree with each other. Thanks.
    Regards, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by crash2usaf View Post
    I have been all over the world and have seen countries with very little law and order. People risk everything to come here for what we have. Freedom isn't free= it comes with responsibilities. First one is to do no harm to others. This man was- by his denial. He will continue though. If this were a police state he wouldn't be allowed. The problem equipment was abated ( at least we hope)
    I fought for our freedom and will again. It is everyone's responsibility.
    I am not debating whether the old guy is denial. It appears that his hives did likely have foul brood but the state handled the situation very badly.

I am a retired military aviator. Got war tee-shirt, sweat pants, running shoes, and baseball cap. PLEASE DON'T bore me with federal government progressive propaganda about how freedom is not free. YOU and I DID NOT fight for ANYBODY's freedom. Not in this country at least.

Yes, I heartily agree that true freedom requires self governance and responsibility. I am right there with you about doing no harm to others unless in self defense.

This guy may well be in denial.........he has a naturalborn and constitutional right to due process which includes the state clearly communicating with him and working with him to help him when and where possible. Stealing his private property while he is gone is not my idea of how that works. The state representative could have picked up the phone and set up an appointment to visit Ingram, explain her findings and show him her data and other information.

[edit]

The problem has NOT been abated. There was not adequate oversight of what the state employees did, not to mention documentation kept on file, or provided to Ingram. A little more outreach, goodwill, cooperation and working to teach Ingram what he may not be realizing would have gone a LONG ways and VERY likely avoided this mess.

[edit]
    Last edited by Barry; 05-23-2012 at 09:55 PM. Reason: societal issues, take to Tailgater.

Wink Haven't we heard it all....Several times.

Since the debate here won't sink any lower, and nothing new is forthcoming in the exchange, I'd like to join the crowd and assert two more conclusions:

1) Old age will dim the lights on all of us, sooner or later....The bulb burns only dimly in the mind of the beekeeper in question, leave him be.

2) The real elephant in the room that nobody acknowledges is AFB, and the full host of Pests afflicting apis millifera, are all alive and well in that ailing bee tree just down the road from your house....and we act like AFB and that host of pests only live in our hives.....

As we used to say in the Air Force....Keep 'em flying!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678