Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

lotion bars and molds?

19K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  stoneheart 
#1 ·
My wife is trying to make lotion bars in a mold to form them, and place them in a tin. right now she's having a heck of a time matching up a mold that fits a tin. Any links that you can share for sources of containers that match up to molds would be greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
What about a small ziplock plastic bag or a sandwich bag without the zipper? Regular sandwich bag could be tied with a ribbon, twine or rafia (sp.) Or, wrap with plastic wrap and again, tie with twine or something like rafia to make it look old fashioned.

Tins may drive up the cost of the product. I am aware of costs with packaging as I make beeswax candles. Ultimately, it just depends on what you want for a finished look for your product. I bought a lotion bar once that came in a small white fancy cardboard box.

One other thought, there are white boxes with clear view covers for them sold at Betterbee. I use them for 4 pack votive candles.

#6 ·
We avoid Wally world like the plague...not sure where she's been getting most of her oils, but she's been pretty frustrated at the price...

I'll share the cupcake mold idea. She's pretty focused on placing the lotion bars in a tin, though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.