Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

we got drone!

3K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Kingfisher Apiaries 
#1 ·
Cells... Let the grafting begin..

Central Texas..

#8 ·
as mad as i am at bees right now, you think I'm gonna mess with them? I got tagged 15 times today, 3 times on one ear... ear got so hot that the (sorry for the description, )goo in my ear melted and clogged up my eardrum stuff,,....

gonna be a bit... just was letting you know...

might be getting a whole new bee suit... one that has less holes... they got one i can dress up like a bubble boy? manipulate things with mechanical arms?

#14 ·
Spring check and medication run; Checked 30 colonies yesterday, found 2 drones wandering around, brood in all stages and generally plenty of bees. Of course all colonies were not at the advanced stages of brood but some were.

We have another week of 60 degree weather forcast, our fear is we will get an early bloom and a nasty freeze here in January/February.

Fayetteville North Carolina

#15 ·
our fear is we will get an early bloom and a nasty freeze here in January/February.
It looks like a distinct possibility here.
I went through about thirty hives yesterday. A real mixed bag. Most had a partial frame of brood. A few had multiple frames. Some still had plenty of stores. Some were on the brink of starvation. It's going to be a tricky spring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.