foulbrood in apiary selling bees - Page 11
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Default Re: foulbrood in apiary selling bees

You've allowed 200 (yes, I've read everyone) posts filled with misunderstanding, ignorance, and just plain bad manners, and in posts 184 and 185 Robert has asked direct questions to the bee inspector, which I feel deserves a response. I suspect that the inspector will choose not to reply, as by now he must feel pretty bad for what he has created. Given this, it would only be right to allow Robert to have the final word on if and when this thread is closed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    hold your piece.
    "piece"? I think you mean PEACE.
    Mark Berninghausen

Appears to be a Freudian slip!
    Regards, Barry

Nice link Barry but here is what kept popping into my head as a read through this. It happens to be one of my favorite childrens stories mostly because it applies to so many things in life.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfxf_iwS4Nc
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Appears to be a Freudian slip!
    Made me wonder if he meant what he wrote or meant what he intended to write.
    Mark Berninghausen

I looked at the link to the Miss. Honeybee program website and, unless I am missing something, there is nothing there stating that there is a quarantine in effect for Russell Apiaries. (If I am mistaken, please point me in the right direction.)

I read the post by MSBEEINSPECTOR and, after unecessary preaching, he fails to confirm the original poster's claims, nor does he state, catagorically, that Dr. Russell's apiaries are under quarantine by the State.

I have no reason to disbelieve that some here have called the state employee and have been told by him that there is a quarantine in effect, nor any of their other claims, such as being warned of criminal liability if making a purchase or being directed to other specific commercial sources by the official in question.

But I do not see any official announcement of this on the official state website, nor do I see the person who claims to be an official of the State of Mississippi confirming such a claim here. So I ask MSBEEINSPECTOR, if you are indeed the state Bee Inspector, is there a quarantine on shipments of bees from Dr.Russell's apiaries, incuding every apiariy of his that has not been found to have AFB, or is this something that you only tell to those who call the magic phone number?

I would think that something as important as a quarantine of bees from an apiary in the state would be made public and not just whispered to those few that make a special phone inquiry.

Lacking a response from MSBEEINSPECTOR, I can only say I have looked at the laws that he linked to and it seems to me that, if what he is being reported as saying to phone callers is true, he is ignoring the basic definitions cited within those laws and misapplying the regulations. It is as if a petty bureaucrat in the Health Department found a violation in a fast food restaurant in one town and shut down every one of that chain's facilities in the entire state. Or worse, spread false rumors of a supposed shutdown.

MSBEEINSPECTOR, if you are indeed the State Bee Inspector, what exactly is the official legal status of Russell Apiaries regarding their ability to ship bees and bee products? Please don't hide behind merely posting links to regulations. Tell us publically what is the status.

Wayne
    Last edited by waynesgarden; 10-12-2011 at 09:52 PM. Reason: spelling

Broke-t left a link for beekeepers in Mississippi that were certified by the state of Mississippi to sell bees to be
    shipped out of state. Did any of you (including Barry) bother to read it. Did you notice that
    Robert Russell was NOT on the list. The Russell Apiaries on the list is his brother. Baldwin bees
    was not spreading rumor. Charles Wilson is a good state inspector, and beekeeper. OH and by the way, if
    you think Robert Russell has 22,000 hives, put your tooth under your pillow and I'll leave you
    a quarter!

hmm...

This thread really shows how people have no respect to a DR. who care about genetics and healthy bees.
    Last edited by RAK; 10-12-2011 at 10:44 PM.

JAYBEES, you say this like you know Robert, his brother, and the inspector personally. May we ask who you are and what affiliation you have with the 3. I see you're in Hattiesburg are you friends with the inspector?

Barry, if you do not mind, can we keep this thread open a little longer to give the other parties a chance to respond to the recent questions?

Jaybees, my brothers name has been on that list since last season... not sure how it was allowed to remain considering that the main location of his hives is the location that the afb came from in the first place and I know that he has not treated and only had about 30 hives as of last fall, so I do not see him burning any...

A hive from THAT apiary was sold by my father last year to a gentleman in south ms, and another to a gentleman in hattiesburg and Charles found both hives to be infected... the three hives in my apiary that were infected also came from THAT yard... so that's 5 hives out of 45 that were there at the time that were infected... there is no way that the yard was free of afb for this season... at least one if the operations on that list of people that you are telling to rely upon has a yard currently under quarantine by Charles as well specifically due to a hive that came from my brothers home yard... and btw, I have never said that I have 22,000 hives... the only place that I can see you getting that from would be discussion about my fathers top numbers long ago...

Nothing gets my blood boiling as much as the mention of my brother, so while we are relying on the "freedom of information act" maybe the good people of this industry should do a search of the registered ms sex offenders and see just who they should be doing business with if they follow that list... maybe they should be contacting a different state office to get information about a seller, like the MS Attorney Generals Office, and see what the people that are investigating my fathers death think about my brother... I am not on that list because I do not sell bees from ms and I am and always have been a professional and responsible bee keeper... I do not know who you are or what your connection is with my brother or Charles, but I can assure you that I am the least of anyone's "disease concerns"...

On second thought, Barry, you can close the thread whenever you are ready, it would be a shame to let anyone say anything else that could be used against them, and my patience with this has about run out.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011