Ford V10 problems

Hybrid View

Default Ford V10 problems

Any other Ford 2010 V10 owners on here? I've had V10's ever since they were made back in 1999. Never had problems with them, until now. I've had my 2010 F350 in the shop for oil leak 3 times now. It's currently been in the shop all this week and still sits there. Turns out the oil pans are defective. They keep ordering in a new one only to find that every one has the same problem. The top edge where the gasket sits have ripples in the finish. I guess they calling in a big dog tomorrow from Ford to address the problem.

Anyone else having oil leaking between the engine and trans? The service tech said I'm not the only one having this problem.
    Regards, Barry

Default Re: Ford V10 problems

ditch the v10 and the ford lol,.. get a diesel, there nothing but gas hogs, i have 2008 gmc 3500 with alison trany, all i can say is wow

Get TOYOTA The BEST no leaks no problems no shop visits lol

I realize your original quesiton wasn't seeking advice on getting a new vehicle, but you might want to read this article:http://www.ford-trucks.com/article/i...ke_Diesel.html

Not only is the diesel more powerful in all aspects but get-up-and-go (which I mitigate in mine with a power programmer), but the longevity of the engine far surpasses the gasoline engine. Why we don't use diesel in the US more baffles me. It is much more efficent.

I also have no leaks, however keep in mind every manufacturer can have problems, sometimes just isolated to a few here and there, not the entire model. If there is a known issue with all the vechicles of your models oil pan it will be addressed (although not always quickly). Anyone who claims a blanket statement that one company is better than the rest is only basing it on their unique experience. (You can find something wrong with everything...eventually.)
    Jim Andersen
    Desert Viking Ranch

I'm not interested in a diesel, I'm not interested in a Toyota. I already did my homework before I bought the truck. I do love our turbo diesel VW though! It appears in this case it is a manufacturing flaw on a specific part. Has no bearing on the engine performance per se (diesel vs. gas). I'm just curious if any other 2010 V10 owners are having this problem.

I agree, Jim, with your last sentence. I'm no more a Ford fan than a Chevy or Dodge fan. I buy trucks that fight my needs, not based on brand.
    Regards, Barry

I have a friend thats a car dealer, and he avoids the V10s like the plague, says he cant give them away. But there fairly new so not much feedback on that year im sure. there are forums that you can visit with questions like that.

But being that new its under warranty im sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Viking Ranch View Post
    Why we don't use diesel in the US more baffles me. It is much more efficent.
    It all depends on what you mean by efficent, sure they get better milage but thats about where the "efficent" ends.Go buy a starter,lift pump filters ect all are on avg 50% higher than gas, speaking of gas much cheaper than diesel.

If you buy used like I do, something with 150,000 miles or so diesel works out, but for the avg guy that buys new keeps his truck for 5-7 years he/she will lose every time on a diesel.
    NUTRA-BEE feed supplements

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneVBS View Post
    ditch the v10 and the ford lol,.. get a diesel, there nothing but gas hogs, i have 2008 gmc 3500 with alison trany, all i can say is wow
    At least you got a good transmission out of your purchase, but it isnt worth what you paid for the truck!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I've had my 2010 F350 in the shop for oil leak 3 times now. It's currently been in the shop all this week and still sits there.
    Is there a lemon law covering trucks? It might get their attention.
    Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Emerson

Have you called Ford customer service with your VIN number & started a file on your truck???

Quote Originally Posted by beemandan View Post
    Is there a lemon law covering trucks?
    There is, but it only covers the first year of ownership and the vehicle has to be in the shop over 30 hours for the same issue.
    Regards, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    it only covers the first year of ownership
    I suppose that if you get a yearís reliable use out of it, it isnít technically a lemon. There are plenty of other adjectives that fit.
    Itís too bad when the reputation of an otherwise good machine can be tarnished by a single, poorly designed/manufactured component.
    Good luck.
    Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Emerson

I currently own three V10's two 2003's and one 2009. All have been fantastic engines. Why would ford change things on the 2010's in the last year of production?

Sorry to hear about your troubles!

I could never justify the 5-7K price increase and a dollar more per gallon for the same milage to get a diesel. V10's will do everything a diesel will maybe a bit slower. I am in no hurry.
    Check out our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pearlcityapiary