20 frame extractor

Default 20 frame extractor

hello im looking to buy a 20 frame extractor. i have looked at many extractors and have my eye on the maxant 1400 pl. but not sure about the manual speed adjustment and belt drive vrs. shaft drive? my question really is if you had to buy a 20 frame extractor which one it would be and why thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: 20 frame extractor

I am very happy with my Maxant. It extracts very nicely and it is well made. I do not anticipate purchasing another extractor for a very long time.

I've got the 1400 P. Purchased it used and have put on 10 more years on it with 100+ hives. Very solid extractor, just keeps running and running. There are no issues with the manual speed adjustment. Other than turning the dial a few more turns to adjust the speed, I don't see any real down side to it vs a electrical speed control (at least until you get into a fancy one that speeds up and down based on a program)

Only Issue I had was the basket was starting to wobble. Was ready to buy a new bearing or whatever was needed, but they suggested an adjustment thats kept it running since. May have to eventually get a new thrust bearing but it's only $10. Not bad for an extractor that's probably 20 years old.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy one again, and may actually do so if I can ever get my honey house built.

-Tim

I asked a very similar question a while back. See:

https://www.beesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249025

I still have not pulled the trigger yet, but at this point I leaning towards the Dadant, just because I can pick it up.

I have a Dadant 20 and I'm quite happy with it. Someone else enjoyed it about 20 years before I got it. They hold up well.

Astrobee and River rat,
    The 1400pl is very simple to operate will last a very long time with the only part needing replacing after several years is the leather washer
    the speed adjusts with the turn of the knob.

Thanks
    Andy Reseska
    Reseska Apiaries Inc
    www.bostonhoneycompany.com
    Last edited by Barry; 02-13-2011 at 08:05 PM. Reason: advertising

The 1400pl is a great machine I have one and can honestly say that I know I made the right choice. It is simple to use and easy to clean and very well made. If i ever up grade it will be a bigger Maxant extractor.

I have a Maxant and it is so awesome. It is the best one on the planet. I cant recommend it more. We keep it right next to the dog beds in the bedroom. One of them likes to sleep under it. It is like one of the family now.

When we were shopping for one I called Maxant and talked with the guy that designed it and you just don't get that kind of service from anyone. Maxant is the only way to go. If some day I get a larger one I will need to redo the master.

Twenty Frame Radial Extractor
    POWER-20F SEMI PRO

BEST DEAL ON THE MARKET!
    Now is the time to graduate. You are making lots of honey and need a good rugged, simple, powerful, workhorse machine to generate volume. This machine will hold ten deep or twenty medium/shallow frames extracted radially. Conical bottom drains to nylon honey gate (included). Made from 20 gauge #4 polished stainless steel. Manually adjusted speed control. Rugged 1/3 HP motor. No comparison to other machines on the market. This is unique! Will extract wood or plastic frames with no modifications. Ready to plug and play!

The tank is 26" in diameter, and 26.5" in height.

Shipping weight 135#. Model 1400P $1495.00

The Dadant 20 frame is also made in the U.S. at their Metal Manufacturing plant right alongside the home office. It holds 20 deeps or up to 36 mediums or shallows. Both companies build quality products.

You can't go wrong with either, both great companies. I bought the Dadant from a vendor coming to a state meeting so I didn't have to pay shipping or taxes. I can't wait to try it out.