Ultra-Breeze suit - thoughts?

Default Ultra-Breeze suit - thoughts?

Anyone have the Ultra-breeze suit that have had another type in the past? What do you think of it? Is it cooler to wear? How does it hold up? Before I shell out that much money, I want to find out if it is actually superior.

JC

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Ultra-Breeze suit - thoughts?

If you did a search you would see that the Ultra-Breeze jackets are popular.

My first jacket was an economy model from Mannlake. It is my cool weather jacket now...
    BeeCurious
    Trying to think inside the box...

I started out with a heavy-cotton jumpsuit that I bought through a catalogue. The Ultra-breeeze, by contrast, is hotter to wear (although you could just wear shorts & a T under it, which I have learned to do) but virtually stingproof. I say "virtually" because, although I have never been stung through it, I recognize that there will someday be a girl who hasn't heard that these suits are impervious and will find a way through! I absolutely love my Ultra-breeze!

You asked about the Ultra Breeze suit.
    I have a jacket and like it very much. I also have a poly cotton suit that I now only wear for overhead cutouts. But yes the Ultra Breeze is well thought out and is very well made and a lot cooler especially if there is slight breeze blowing. I have had mine for over a season now and have washed it a couple of times as recommended and it is still in great shape. If your going to be in beekeeping for more then a few seasons you will not be disappointed and as BeeCurious mentioned there are other posts about the product if you do a search.
    Just some thoughts.

When my current jacket dies on me (which will likely be a while from now) I plan on replacing it with an Ultra-Breeze. I've heard nothing but amazing things about the product.

Got my UB jacket for Christmas...have only worn it once and it wasn't hot out at all, but I could tell that it's going to be much better than my other suits when it gets hot. Can't wait for spring!

It is summer here in Australia and I live in the sub tropics (today 85.F and 90% humidity) so we know hot. Having survived for years with standard bee suits I am in heaven with the Ultra breeze suit I got last year. As I sweat a lot less it also helps keep the hives calmer when I am working them.

After getting an Ultra-Breeze jacket, I haven't worn my coveralls style beesuit since.

After 2 years of heavy use, I did replace the hood. The fine plastic mesh on the veil started cracking and making holes big enough bees could get in. I got tired of trying to patch holes.

I have been stung once through the jacket. I was carrying a plugged out super, holding it against my belly. The weight of the super compressed the jacket against my belly enough that a bee was able to sting me through the jacket. I don't wear a shirt under the jacket.

In really hot weather, if there is no breeze at all, it's still pretty hot wearing the jacket. If you get any slight breeze, it feels great.

Best Jacket on the Market. Great people to work with.

Brooklyn

Do NOT get any other kind of suit. The Ultra-Breeze is extremely well-made, durable, comfortable--- and I've NEVER been stung through it, even though in warm weather I only wear a pair of gym shorts underneath.

I have an Ultra-Breeze jacket and a full-length suit. I throw on the jacket for quick tasks, and the full suit for full inspections, honey extraction, weed-whacking in front of the hives, splits, etc.

I'm actually going to buy an additional back-up suit, just to have around in case I somehow tear the one I've got. I say without reservation, this is the best beekeeping money you can spend.

I've only had my jacket since Christmas and you can feel a breeze blow on your skin when you have it on. I had a cheap cotton jacket before and could never feel the breeze when it blew. The Ultra Breeze Jacket does seem to be very well made.

Thanks for all of the replies, everyone. I think my mind is made up! I am going for the Ultra-breeze. Even if I am doing an interior cut-out, I can always bring a fan and go stand in front of it once in awhile.

JC

I have the jacket, the full suit and the Golden Bee Products version. I love them all. Well worth the money. I use the jacket by far the most.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 42y 40h 39yTF

Good reading this. I had ordered one last weekend. Now I am looking forward to receiving it. The web site says "even when wet" "doesn't cling". I can foresee trips to the water hose on our 100 degree days. A little evaporative cooling could go a long way.

I have the jacket and love it.

Those hot summer days it is way cooler than a regular cotton suit. I've been about cooked on a hot day in the standard cotton suit. Also easier to put on, take off than a standard cotton suit. Wouldn't be without one now that I've tried it. Also ordered two more jackets when they started taking orders again. I don't want to be without one. I might even let the help borrow one. I gotta keep one in reserve though. The only downside is when I bend over I get the plumber thing going on. Haven't been stung on the butt yet but I know it's a matter of time.

Thanks to Beesource I found out about ultra breeze. Without it I would still be sweating away in the hot summer months. Thanks Beesource and Honeymoon Apiaries for making my life easier!

My suit arrived today and it looks impressive. You can clearly see how it got it's name. I think it will be perfect for our 6 months of summer.