Florida Pollen Patties

Default Florida Pollen Patties

How are the pollen patties that are made for Florida different than the regular patties? I know there is a change in the ingredients to make them less attractive to small hive beetle.

Thanks,
    Nevin

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Florida Pollen Patties

We use MEGA BEE and mix according to package directions, we dont do anything different here then anyone else following package instructions. We do deal with the SHB and thus usually put smaller patties on than most do, the bees eat it quicker thus the beetles cant get into it in time to lay eggs...more work putting on smaller patties..but we dont have the beetle issue for the most part.
    A government large enough to provide everything you need is strong enough to take everything you have. T. Jefferson

i have heard that Dadants FL patties are high sugar (90%) hard to get any protien in a hives that way. Like i tell people if i want to give the bees sugar it is a lot easier to flip a bucket on them then crack them open lol

You can get bees to eat patties faster if you increase the sugar percentage. The faster the bees consume the patties, the less time the beetles have.