A few of the hives are a little light on stores, and I don't have candy boards constructed yet. So I decided to make some "candy disks." I took 3 quarts of water and brought it to a boil. Then I added 15 lbs of sugar and one cub of mega bee. I read somewhere on this site that it is enough to fill 3 deep frames when making candy frames. I figured it would be plenty to fill three 8" by 1.5" pie tins, and three 5" by 1.5" pie tins (for the nucs).
I miscalculated how much it would make. It foamed up and started boiling over (even though it was only half way full of sugar and water mixture). So I split it into two pots and finished it in that. After I filled up the three large and three small pie tins I was only about halfway done.
So I started jamming them into the freezer to get them to cool down faster so I could reuse the tins. I was running around trying to find something to put this candy into before it hardened in the pot. I ended up using some of my wife's baking pans (she's gonna be pissed). All in all I ended up with seven 5" candy disks (each about .7" thick) four 8" candy disks, and two baking pans full.
Bee's should have plenty of candy now