Free Shipping ?

Thread: Free Shipping ?

Default Free Shipping ?

I have heard that some of the beekeeping supply companies have sales and/or free shipping in November. Anybody know about this?
    Dave

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Free Shipping ?

Walter T. Kelly will be offering free shipping Nov. 22, 23 , and 24th.

Mann Lake is offer it. It includes woodenware. I just ordered two new hives for 2011.

Brushy Mountain claim they are going to have a after Thanksgiving sale with free shipping. I haven't found out what is going to be on sale yet.
    Backyard beekeeping and honey bees.
    www.BlueLineApiary.com

I buy all of my supplies this time of year to get the free shipping. Their prices might go up this time of year but, if you wait you will have to pay shipping and the prices will not go down. So, you can buy it now for this price or wait until later and buy at this price and pay shipping. But if your wife or husband works for UPS maybe you will break even.

A single select grade deep has been $16 all year. They did not raise the price just because the shipping is free.

16.00 all year My Bad then does Kelly sell commercial grade boxes or just selects.

OK folks the subject is "Free Shipping" not price.

I order every year in Dec to get free shipping and when I order I do so with catalogue in hand so when looking at a "deal" buyer bee ware.
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

Mann Lake has it right now. I just rec'd 550 pounds of "stuff" from the FedEx semi last week. I ordered on a Sunday online and was unloading the semi on the next Friday. Mann Lake found a new customer - very pleased with the quality of the equipment and the quick service, the free shipping was the added bonus.

Most times the Free Shipping deals with a minimum order, like say over $100.00 Check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by honeyman46408 View Post
    OK folks the subject is "Free Shipping" not price.

I order every year in Dec to get free shipping and when I order I do so with catalogue in hand so when looking at a "deal" buyer bee ware.
    We understand that but the fact is no company is going to take a loss on shipping just to move product. So there has to be a means to which they can offer the free shipping. That means is to raise the prices. Its hidden somewhere and like you said, catalogue in hand when ordering and buyer beware!

This is quoted from Kelley's website:

"We are thankful for our customers! Therefore it’s time once again for Kelley to offer FREE SHIPPING! Place your order on November 22-23-24 and we will ship free or with savings as described below. This offer is limited to in-stock items and does NOT include bulk plastic or glass jars (through UPS or US Mail) or c orn syrup. To determine which zone you’re in, check your Kelley’s catalog, page 119. If you’re in Zone 1 – 4: Free shipping, including truck shipping! Zone 5: Free truck shipping only, but order must be a minimum of 200 pounds. Other shipping – 10% off shipping charges. Beyond Zone 5: 10% off shipping charges. It’s our way of saying THANKS to all our customers. And, your bees will thank you, as you’ll be giving them industry-leading quality products. Use the promo code: Let’s Talk Turkey. And, we hope your Thanksgiving is a blessed time with family, friends, and fresh honey."

The company did this last year as well, with no price increases.

Quote Originally Posted by BiG T View Post
    16.00 all year My Bad then does Kelly sell commercial grade boxes or just selects.
    Yes, Kelleys has free shipping 11-22/23/24 on all grades of wooden ware.

So much to learn, so little time!!

As I understand it, MANN LAKE, is offering free shipping on orders over $100 until Dec. 31. What a deal!!! I'm getting my list finalized!!!!!

I took advantage of the Mann Lake free shipping and ordered 30 boxes. I recieved them within a week or so and i basically paid 6.95 for each box. I can't buy a single board for that. Even if they were 7.95 ea, i still couldn't buy a single board for that. It's not that bad of a deal depending.
    "You laugh at me because I am different, but I laugh at you because you are all the same."

I heard a rumor that Dadant is planning to offer free shipping for the holidays. I do not know what dates.
    Bee all you can Bee!
    http://www.hamiltonapiary.net

Would like to order from Walter Kelley but don't have a catalog and that appears to be the only place where you can view the shipping zones that determines whether it's free shipping or various percentages of shipping.
    Anybody know where else this info is or know what zone I waould fall into? Am in Westford Mass, Boston area.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Anybody know where else this info is or know what zone I waould fall into? Am in Westford Mass, Boston area.
    Peter, we're in Zone 5 (10% off shipping) here in the greater Boston area.

TP

I'm a new beekeeper this year (since April)...have 4 hives since September, and have placed 4 orders with Mann Lake Ltd in the past 2 months....excellent service, good equpment, and free shipping is exactly that ! I'm due to have the 4th order arrive any day now. I'm happy with that company and their service.