I have just returned from making an assesment of a colony of bees that made their residence inside the wall of a house in the city of Kitchener, ON. It appears to be a worst case scenerio. The entry point of the house for the bees is beside a wide brick chimney. Below the entry the wall is brick and above it is composite siding. I removed the bottom two sheets of siding and discovered that a 2x4 stud was directly beside the chimney blocking access to the area where the bees were going. I could feel heat rising from the entry hole which suggests to me that the cluster was below the hole behind the bricked part of the wall. I checked the wall directly inside only to discover that the entire inside wall is a brick fascade surrounding a fireplace. It also appears that the colony is behind the chimney. Does anyone have a suggestion of ways to get the bees out without tearing down so much of the house that thousands of dollars of repair will be required? The last straw is that the resident is allergic to bees.