2011 Super Duty - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2011 Super Duty

Default Re: 2011 Super Duty

Would love to have one of theose new fords with a REAL diesel ....cummins. my 98 12v cummins is heading toward 400k never touched it...19 mpg 15 with swinger 10 loaded at 24k.
    Had a 01 powerjoke...spend 4k onit and it still wanst worth a crap, loved the truck but not the powerjoke. If they run right no porblem,,,,if not big problems. I heard in 2011 ford was making their own diesel..hope so!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Not hijacking the tread... many previous posts were made prior to mine where people compared their "not 2011 Fords" to the 2011 Ford... so how is my post different?

To answer the question I run a mixture of ATF, Motor oil and Hydraulic fluid that I get from a trucking company when they replace their fluids. I don't know what the exact mixture is % wise. I still have to pay the fuel tax, but that is far less than the 3.00 a gallon for diesel. The down side being that the range is about 500 miles on a tank so if I travel farther than that I have to buy diesel fuel.

I have 6x6 because the truck has three axles with air shift T-case.
    Always question Conventional Wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by FishmanMike View Post
    I have a 02 f250 7.4 has 201ooo miles on it. <snip>
    I get 18mpg driving around home and can get 21 on the highway if I stay under 65mph.
    That's interesting. After spending some time on a couple of Powerstroke forums, most of what I read were complaints from owners getting mileage of 12 to 14 mpg. Even the dealer today said the 6.4L gets 12 to 14 mpg with a 3.55.

"If I would have known the fuel mileage I get with pulling my trailer, I would have never gotten into this truck. Truck looks great, pulls beautifully but sucks the diesel."

------

"Fuel mileage isnt that great stock ( I get about 14mpg) but I did my research before I bought it and knew what to expect"

-------

According to your sig, your truck is 50 state ILLEGAL. I can see why you claim to get the mileage you do as most people don't remove those items in fear of losing the warranty or having emissions inspections (which by the way is being implemented for all states soon). That engine could never get that mileage with the emissions equipment installed, hence why only DPF-less trucks get better mileage. Removal of the DPF constitutes voiding the warranty, which no smart person would do on ANY warranted Ford diesel. The warranty is EVERYTHING on these trucks. We all know how expensive and problematic they are when they do break. I owned a 6.0L pile-o-crap that I shoved right back up fords you-know-what after 7 months of ownership. The truck put more miles on a flatbed than it did on itself. Traded for a reliable, quiet, more-than-capable gas truck.

This thread posted in the 6.4L forum shows some 6.4L owners that DO NOT GET 17-18 mpg.
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/82...e-reflash.html
    Most are getting 12-14 mpg, thats near the mileage of a V10.

A 6.4 costs well over a "couple grand" difference over a V10. We're talking somewhere to the order of $6k. I could perform "wonders" on a V10 with $3k or less.
    Last edited by Barry; 04-03-2010 at 02:48 PM.
    Regards, Barry

I looked at the new ones as well. My wifes Dad retired from Ford, so we get the discounts and all, but, all of the Fords i have had have started falling apart at 60-80k. Thats what has plauged me for our last 3 vehicles. That being said, I decided to buy a new Tundra with the 5.7l V-8. Have the Crewmax Large, loaded OOD for 36k. Lifetime warranty on drivetrain and transmission. Averaging 18 mpg in and around Atlanta thus far. Rides like a dream. Its a 3/4 ton, and can haul 10k lbs. It's really a nice truck. How it does between 60-80k will say it all to me.
    "You laugh at me because I am different, but I laugh at you because you are all the same."

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrass View Post
    I have 6x6 because the truck has three axles with air shift T-case.
    Make and Model?
    Mark Berninghausen

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    Make and Model?
    1989 AM General M35A2C
    Always question Conventional Wisdom.

Are there no other Powerstroke 6.4L owners out there? It would take a LONG time to recoup $8,000 by saving only a few mpg over a gas engine.
    Regards, Barry

I own a contracting company and we have nothing but fords.
    All the vans are gasoline, all the trucks are Diesel.
    WHile it cost more to buy the diesels, they maintain there value in resale/trade in. We have Rack body, utility body, bucket trucks and pickups. Mileage on the trucks ranges from terrible to excellent. All the trucks are loaded all the time. THe trucks work, we have put these places you wouldnt even walk. Overall we cant complain at all about Ford trucks (f350-F650), in fact we are impressed with the duability overall. We had a brief stint with Dodge, which we pretty much determined to be disposables.
    Within a couple of weeks, we will be getting a few new f350 PU all diesel.
    The incentives right now make it worth it.

Don't know if this helps or not, but all of the Contractor customers have Fords and they are all diesel. Filters are cheaper for the fords over the Chevy, that's for sure!
    The bees know!
    AKA Wormtounge

Quote Originally Posted by WATCHONYX View Post
    Mileage on the trucks ranges from terrible to excellent.
    I'm interested in a 350 (if you have one) and knowing what year it is and what engine it has. Do you have real numbers as far as mileage goes?
    Regards, Barry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12