What happened to 'Tailgater'?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default What happened to 'Tailgater'?

Does anybody know?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: What happened to 'Tailgater'?

It's closed until further notice.
    Nobody ruins my day without my permission, and I refuse to grant it...

Glad its gone....

Will never miss it.

You mean now we have to talk about bees? That's crazy.

That has always been the option. Some of us can do both. But apparently not civilly enuf for the moderators and those who don't like Tailgater, but read it anyway. Otherwise why would any of those who don't like it have an opinion about it?

I don't read every post or every Thread. Am I the only one?
    Mark Berninghausen

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    I don't read every post or every Thread. Am I the only one?
    No, but you and your family are often in my thoughts and prayers, keep us posted occasionally as to the progress being made.

Kindest Regards
    Danny
    "I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country." Nathan Hale, 1776

Really Danny? Thanks. I didn't know. Bless you. Progress? What's that?
    Mark Berninghausen

I believe part of the reason 'Tailgater' is closed is today,.February 17,2010, is Ash Wednesday; the beginning of Lent in the Western Christian calendar. It is a time for fasting and giving up some,..'worldly pleasures'. A time for being more peaceful and thinking about other things besides,.."politics"? I'm no expert about this though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ash_Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by Oldbee View Post
    I believe part of the reason 'Tailgater' is closed is today,.February 17,2010, is Ash Wednesday; the beginning of Lent in the Western Christian calendar. It is a time for fasting and giving up some,..'worldly pleasures'. A time for being more peaceful and thinking about other things besides,.."politics"? I'm no expert about this though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ash_Wednesday
    Oldbee,

I don't know if you are correct or not, but you do make a very good point!

Mike

While I didn't read all the tailgater threads and almost never commented, I did follow a few. At least until the petty bickering, and "I'm right and your an idiot" kind of things would start. Love to read intelligent discussion, not bickering.

well i for one will NOT miss clicking on "NEW POSTS" OR "iSPY" and seeing thread after thread with the same theme- obama bad-dems bad-dems are to blame- usa in trouble 'cause of the dems. and little reasoning, just hatemongering and fearmongering. i found it to be offensive to my sense of fairness.
    "Wine is a constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy" Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by mike haney View Post
    well i for one will NOT miss clicking on "NEW POSTS" OR "iSPY" ---- i found it to be offensive to my sense of fairness.
    This is why it's closed, imo. We just can't remember that eveyone is entitled to one's opinion. You don't have to agree. You don't even have to respond.

You is a general term, not a specific one in this case.

I really wish that people had thicker skin and could stand to listen to someone else's ideas without getting offended.
    The bees know!
    AKA Wormtounge

I didn't realize that it closed. There was bickering and some uncivility, but I thought that the moderators kept after it pretty clean.

No one forced individuals to read or post their thoughts to it. Now, I am not sure that there is any difference between this forum and others like it.

It was entertainment, yes......

too bad its closed, any reason why? Barry on vacation?

edit...holy wow...its not even visible in read only mode.....
    Milk Cows Not Taxpayers

I rather enjoyed the conversations, seeing both sides of the discussions, and everyonce in a while throwing my 2cents in. Now I'm disappointed I will have to resort back to flipping the TV channels between MSNBC and FOX NEWS just to get the opposites of opinions and each sides spin on issues. I hate watching TV
    A government large enough to provide everything you need is strong enough to take everything you have. T. Jefferson

I liked it most of the time,well maybe all the time. When ever I came to the site I always checked Tailgater out before I left. I didn't think people were nasty there, just opinionated ideologs blowing off some steam. Even my wife thought it was very civil.
    I still don't know why it was shut down. I have my own opinion but I'll keep it to myself since the opinion thread is not wanted here any more.

"I liked it most of the time,well maybe all the time."

"You can fool some of the people,..some of the time,.but you can't fool all of the people all of the time". I don't remember who said that but I think it was someone,,'famous'. Was it Mark Twain--P.T. Barnum?--OB.

Every once in awhile, Beesource 'Tailgater' needs to take a vacation,..some time off to 'contemplate' the meaning of life and why 'we' are here,... Pretend you are rich professor living in an "ivory tower" [paid by taxpayers,. lol] who needs to take a,..."sabbatical" to the Bahamas [paid by taxpayers,. lol] so as to collect your thoughts and come back refreshed and "infigorated" to be the "seer" that you know you can be.

I like tailgater [in a way] because it brings out the best in me,...and maybe others.

Remember,.when chatting on a forum you are communicating with many different people from all over this great U.S. of A.,.. that may have an "opinion" that differs from your background and most important,.that maybe has been influenced by that part of the country they grew up in and their family background.

Tailgater provides an opportunity for those that may have great, honest,.intelligent, ideas but not always the,.."courage" to express them in,.."polite company".

It also provides an opportunity to practice your assertiveness skills [express your opinions] and, perhaps most important of all, to practice and refine your ability to remain composed and "cool" under stress from others that may disagree,..with your,..."opinions".
    Last edited by Oldbee; 02-18-2010 at 03:23 PM.

This is Beesource. A beekeeping community. A place to talk about bees. What do I care what Joe Blow in Nebraska thinks about homosexuality or Fox News? There are millions (literally) of other places on the internet where such opinions can be voiced. I never understood why it was here in the first place, and am breathing a sigh of relief.

"This is Beesource. A beekeeping community. A place to talk about bees. What do I care what Joe Blow in Nebraska thinks..about homosexuality or,..."

Well,..there you go,..you expressed your opinion,...

Nobody's asking you to 'care',. or what you think. You came here to "tailgater" and typed in a response and that's all well and good.

However,..almost every forum has a "tailgater" or opinion section where members can chat/talk about almost everything under the sun,..except the seven esses I guess .

Now,...keep your composure,..keep your cool.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast