Texas Tech Fiasco

Default Texas Tech Fiasco

Hambone...you're a "guns up" kind of guy. What do you think of the whole Mike Leach Fiasco??? My wife works at Tech and made the comment yesterday "Well Tech made the national news again...and everytime they do, they are usually making an ass out of themselves"

I'm and Aggie and I think Leach got screwed. What's your opinion? Any other Red Raiders care to comment?
    "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink"...well that horse ain't got nothing on a bee.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Texas Tech Fiasco

Leach got screwed. Gerald Myers has been looking for a way to get rid of Leach for a while. He didn't want to resign him this past Feb. And one he had a chance to put the blame on Leach he jumped on it. Tech will regret this. I do not condone mistreating players. This was in know way mistreating a player. Had this happened at any other school. Texas, Florida, Bama, ect.. you would never hear anything about it. This is a solid screw job. Leach is supposed to do a interview with espn tonight. Around midnight I think.

Here is a link to the enfamous shed that James was lock up in. Oh and the doctor has said what Leach did actually would help with his concussion.

http://www.kcbd.com/global/Category....&partnerclipid

I'm and Aggie
    Most people in my family are Aggies. My mom, brother and I are the only Raiders in the family. Plus I married into a family of Aggies. Except my FIL. He is a UT man. So family get togethers are always fun. Tech vs UT vs aTm. At the end of the day the only thing we can agree on is that OU sucks.
    Chuck Norris has a grizzly bear carpet in his room. The bear isn't dead it is just afraid to move.

"At the end of the day the only thing we can agree on is that OU sucks"

Then I could join right in. Due to that picks contest we have going, I found myself rooting to OU today only because I picked them. At some point, I realized what I was doing and had to slap myself around for a minute.

A Tech Alum called into a Lubbock radio station the day they announced Leach's firing and said he was pulling his $5 million donation for the stadium. The stadium expansion is already way over budget....good luck getting it done now.There were folks gathering up all their Tech stuff, driving over to the university and throwing it on the lawn.

People are calling for Gerald Myers head on a stick. Yeah, OU sucks unless they are playing t.u., then I root for OU.

Then there is the MSU screw up. 12 players supended and two kicked off the team after they all started a fight with a frat. I bet the the Alamo Bowl people are crapping themselves about now. One team has no players, the other fires the best coach in school history just days before the game.
    "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink"...well that horse ain't got nothing on a bee.

Quote Originally Posted by ACBEES View Post
    APeople are calling for Gerald Myers head on a stick.
    Many have not liked Myers for years. I would love to see him get fired.

2 pretty good coaches intrested in the Tech job. Baylors coach and Tuberville.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4785127
    Chuck Norris has a grizzly bear carpet in his room. The bear isn't dead it is just afraid to move.

Problem is Tech can't really afford a Tuberville. Plus if they don't offer McNeal the job they are asking for a EEO lawsuit. It's pretty much downhill for a while.

scuttle butt around Lubbock is a bunch of the Leach recruits for the incomming class are now saying they won't play for Tech. They said they signed with Leach to play under the Leach program. Now that he has been fired, they are backing out. End result...rocky road ahead for Tech football.

Also, there is supposedly an e-mail that has been made public from a member of the board of regents expressing his great displeasure of Leach getting a contract extension and how he wants him fired...WOW!!!!

I can't wait to see who's heads are going to roll. My wife predicts in three weeks the Tech admin will have a whole new look. She says she has seen it before when David Smith and others got canned over the Bobby Knight incident affectionately known around Lubbock as the "salad bowl".

scuttle butt around Lubbock is a bunch of the Leach recruits for the incomming class are now saying they won't play for Tech.
    I figured that was coming. I have not heard if Scotty Young the #1 rated QB in Texas has pulled out yet or still plans to go to Tech. I guess some will wait to see who the replacement will be. (Most likely McNeal) Tech will lose a ton of quality recruits over this though. It is going to be a long road. At least we will get back to the days of 5-6 and 4-7. Thatís what I am used to.

Mike Leach has filed a civil suit against Texas Tech University. It was posted in the Lubbock Avalanche Journal today. GO LEACH!!!!!

Another update from the high plains......Tommy Tuberville interviewed today for the head coach job. Avalance Journal lead story says Texas Tech braces for Large decrease in Alum contributions over Leach firing.

My favorite was all the tee shirts and signs held up at the Alamo Bowl. Here are some of the better ones:

"shed happens"

"ESPN = Extra Sensitive Parent Network"

"Live like a pirate...Die like a pirate"

"My parents locked me in a closet...and I turned out fine"

"real men aren't afraid of the dark"

"fire myers"

"shed happens"

"ESPN = Extra Sensitive Parent Network"

"Live like a pirate...Die like a pirate"

"My parents locked me in a closet...and I turned out fine"

"real men aren't afraid of the dark"

"fire myers"
    Outstanding!

I like Tuberville.

Local media reporting Leach's lawyer subpeonaed all communications and documents relating to Leach's firing. Tech admin tried to hide e-mails by deleting them. However, Leach's attorney able to aquire those e-mails by having them pulled off University servers. Found out this effort to get Leach fired goes back a year. Tech admin doesn't look very pretty with their pants around their ankles.

Big bombshell yesterday in Lubbock......e-mails reveal land deal between Kent Hance(Tech Chancellor) and Craig James. They went in together to buy land out near Lubbock to put up a wind farm!!!

numerous comments posted on Lubbock online about Tubberville being named head coach including this one....."Tubby's guns up looks like a big "L"....hhhmmmmm."

Ha.

Tubby is planning on keeping the air raid. Plus he will bring a SEC defensive mind with him. Total domination begins Sept 4th.

QUOTE FROM BUTCH FORD

"When Adam went to high school here, there were two coaches, me and Craig James, Craig James coached Adam and I coached the rest of the team. I was NEVER so happy to see one boy graduate!"

Butch Ford
    Athletic Director/head coach
    Celina Bobcats
    Celina Texas

Just my opinion but I think Myers takes way too much heat. That being said, he's approaching the time to retire.

Everybody was at fault on this deal. Leach is too dang proud and arrogant, the administration was on a witchhunt, Adam James is a spoiled brat and was only retained because Hance ordered Leach not to "cut him", and Craig James needs to loose his job. Everybody is at fault.

That being said. We could not have been more fortunate than to land Tubberville. I am pleased with him, his staff is impressive, and I expect a step up. I really do. Guns up!
    Canyon, Texas (Near Amarillo in the Panhandle).
    Follow my tweets on Twitter.com @BirdsandBeesMan

Myers was at retirement age when I was out there in the late 90's. Well that's what we said because we really sucked and hated him. I agree blame go's to all but had it been mine or your kid Leach would still be coach. I am happy with Tubberville too. Didn't think Tech would spring for it though. He brought most of his SEC crew and SEC minds which is great. Watch out Big 12. Guns Up!!

Right on. Gun's up.
    Canyon, Texas (Near Amarillo in the Panhandle).
    Follow my tweets on Twitter.com @BirdsandBeesMan