Pollination prices - Page 17
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Default Re: Pollination prices

Quote Originally Posted by homegrown View Post
    What’s the word on almond Pollination 2018? I’ve heard there will be lots of young orchards coming into production age this year and needing bees. I was surprised last year with the surplus of bees.
    Thats the question everyone asks this time of year. Impossible to say for sure as we are still early in the games playing stage.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Any speculation on bloom dates in the South Valley?

Quote Originally Posted by MTN-Bees View Post
    Any speculation on bloom dates in the South Valley?
    I expect the bloom to be early by maybe a week... I have daisies blooming in my yard and several of my trees have swollen buds, and at Eastman Lake the Eucalyptus are already in bloom as well as some bottle brush bushes. The only thing that could slow the season down is if we get a real cold snap...

Newbie here, but have a friend a bit south of us, he says major shortage of bees...esp. for smaller farms. Also, he has a later blooming almond variety...says it should begin to bloom in 2 weeks...

I spoke with a very large bee supplier and he said the going prices in Modesto/Fresno are $175 for 6-8 framers, $200 for 10 framers.

With bees short I have heard of guys asking for $200 and up for 5-6 framers

Wish I was closer to come needed pollination. My bees have been exploding this year! I have SEVERAL 20 framers. Does that mean I get $400?

If you take a 20 framer to Almonds it will likely swarm by the time the grower releases you. Probably send off a huge prime swarm.

...I was joking...

Quote Originally Posted by mtnmyke View Post
    Wish I was closer to come needed pollination. My bees have been exploding this year! I have SEVERAL 20 framers. Does that mean I get $400?
    If you had some queens it's $800, and it's only 1 1/2 hours to Los Banos from Santa Cruz. But it's work.

Just contracted a load of 6 (was not going to send them) for 175 net,
    had 4 offers. bees all over the country are behind on frame counts, Numbers are okay it seems but they weak
    500-1000 hives mostly honey

I need an additional 2,000 hives for 2019 Almond Pollination in Madera, CA area. Please call 559-974-4042

Seems like the this thread has gone a little cold. I am hearing $185-$190. Could probably get more if you have boomers. How are everyone's bees looking this year? I'll have to do some last minute equalizing, but overall things are ok. I had my fingers crossed for more eucalyptus this winter, but all the rain and cooler temps made it a no show. I guess this is what our "winters" are supposed to look like. I had forgotten with the drought.

I contracted 4000 colonies at $196. I do all my own loading/unloading placing and deal directly with the almond grower.

I have had the same customer for going on 10 years, we have a well established relationship.

Aaron

I’m hearing rumors of guys being short on there contracts. A friend tried to drop a load this week but there was a foot of standing water in the orchard.

If anyone needs help with pollination services, feel free to contact me. Also have emergency hives available in January for those who are short.

Quote Originally Posted by exchangebees View Post
    If anyone needs help with pollination services, feel free to contact me. Also have emergency hives available in January for those who are short.
    Call or Text (916) 708-3488 Greg

Anyone know the average price for honeybee colonies in the almond orchards for 2020?

From everyone I've talked to so far prices are staying put time will tell if the bees are short again like last year name your price we shall see

Hey AstroZomBEE,

If you are in need of a staging area, PM me. I've got a sweet spot in rural San Diego with hundreds of acres of dense fauna and flora. Think of it as a safe haven from competition and pesticides. I also have some documentation to prove it.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617