Gum Rosin supplier - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I live in SC and we know about hot sun. I dip with 2/3 parrifen 147 melt point and pine rosin 180 melt point. I havent had any greasy boxes yet. A friend bought some boxes from SAK honey out Texas who uses same mix. His boxes are 5 years old and not greasy either. Now they are slicker then painted boxes because of the harder rosin. My rosin I picked up from Diamond forestry products in Ga. I have no issues using the pine rosin. I dont know anything about the Brazilian rosin. I have over 1600.00 in tank wax and rosin. I have enough wax for a couple years. If you can get rosin or microcrystalline close enough to pick up yourself thats the way to go. I bought 600lbs of wax and 200lbs of rosin. I at least 300.00 by picking up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Gum Rosin supplier

I am just getting started dipping my woodenware. What ratio's are you guys using and whats the general process to follow? Do you just put it into your tank and starting heating the wax till it melts?

I use a jet burner to melt wax/rosin mix and stir with a wooden boat paddle. Once melted I check temperature often . I don't start dipping till temp is around 300 degrees. Keep temperature between 250 and 300 degrees.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12