New swarm

Thread: New swarm

Default New swarm

I got a new swarm show up and move into a hive I had stored on the back protch yesterday.

Free Bees! Last night they were pretty quiet when I went out to see how things were going. Tonight they really seem pissed off. They are very loud. you can hear them from about 10 to 12 feet away. They sould like someone has been beating on the side of the hive all day. You know the way a hot hive sounds when you tap on the lid. There are quite a few flying around the streetlight out back too. You can also smell them further away than you can hear them. That pissed off bee smell if all over the back yard.

Any ideas?

I know I gotta move this hive as soon as possable. the cops showed up about 30 minutes after I noticed that I had a swarm in the back yard. The crazy lady next door calls the cops about everything. The City inspecter was here this afternoon and wasn't pleased either. Again, other issues becauyse of the lady next door. If it ain't one thing it's another.
    I was just wondering if htis hive is worth taking the time to move the 50 miles out to where the rest of the bees are of if they will just get pissed off and swaprm again as soon as I get them there.

Normally I'd give them a week or two to get setteled in before moving them but this time I don't really have a choice. they gotta go.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Looks like all you can do is just move them and see how they are in a couple weeks. It could bee they lost the queen during the swarm making them mad??? Just supposing here.
    Live real time bee chat, most evenings...
    https://www.rumbletalk.com/client/chat.php?4%40HY_hmJ

Ahb????

I went back out a little while ago and things have calmed down alot. mostly normal. you can't really hear them unless I get up close to the have and I can't smell them anymore.

Yeah. they probibly are AFB. I'm in Phoenix Az and those are farely common around here.

I was just wondering if they were going to be worth bothering with. but since they quieted down they should be OK to move this weekend.

Otherwise I was just going to fill the weed sprayer with soapy water and beat on the hive and hose them down as they come out. Works great as an attatude ajustment