Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

cataracts

50K views 48 replies 20 participants last post by  Marysbirdworld 
#1 ·
I read some where that cataracts could be treated with stings. One of my bees stung me on the eyebrow and my eye with the cataract seems to have clearer vision. Anyone know where to sting for cataracts?

#36 ·
I ran across the Russian article on honey and eyes in Sept '14 and started doing 1 drop of honey and 4 drops of saline each night. At my appointment with my ophthalmologist in October he told me to leave the glasses on the shelf. He said,"You're not a perfect 20,20 but you're close.
The next day we went to visit my wife's sister in Leicester, NC and it was like seeing HD tv for the first time.
I still use it and yes it stings a little and my eyes water but put me down as "I'm a believer"
steve

#37 ·
I STILL TREAT MY EYES FOR CATARACTS AND I WILL NEVER NEED SURGERY. THE RESULTS ARE AMAZING! I HAVE THIS FRIEND THEO HE IS IN HIS MID 80s. HE TOLD ME ON MONDAY THE 13th OF THIS MONTH THAT HE HAD MACULER DEGENERATION AND HE WAS GOING BLIND AND HIS DOCTOR SAID THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT IT . TUESDAY I BROUGHT HIM JAR OF HONEY. WEDNESDAY HIS SECRETARY CALLS ME? "THEO WANTS ME TO WRITE DOWN EXACTLY WHAT HE SHOULD BE DOING? HE PUT HONEY IN HIS EYE LAST NIGHT AND HE SAYS HE CAN SEE OUT OF THAT EYE NOW" THURSDAY I STOP BY TO SEE MY PAL? "IT'S AMAZING JIM?! IT KEEPS GETTING BETTER EVERY DAY" I HAVE VISITED HIM 1 TIME SINCE AND HE IS RECOMMENDING THIS TREATMENT TO SOMEONE WHO HAS THE SAME PROBLEM. R V THEO IS NOW THE CURRENT EXPERT ON THE TREATMENT OF MACULER DEGENERATION!!! APITHERAPY RULES ON!!!!

#40 ·
HE TOLD ME ON MONDAY THE 13th OF THIS MONTH THAT HE HAD MACULER DEGENERATION AND HE WAS GOING BLIND AND HIS DOCTOR SAID THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT IT . TUESDAY I BROUGHT HIM JAR OF HONEY. WEDNESDAY HIS SECRETARY CALLS ME? "THEO WANTS ME TO WRITE DOWN EXACTLY WHAT HE SHOULD BE DOING? HE PUT HONEY IN HIS EYE LAST NIGHT AND HE SAYS HE CAN SEE OUT OF THAT EYE NOW" THURSDAY I STOP BY TO SEE MY PAL? "IT'S AMAZING JIM?! IT KEEPS GETTING BETTER EVERY DAY" I HAVE VISITED HIM 1 TIME SINCE AND HE IS RECOMMENDING THIS TREATMENT TO SOMEONE WHO HAS THE SAME PROBLEM. R V THEO IS NOW THE CURRENT EXPERT ON THE TREATMENT OF MACULER DEGENERATION!!! APITHERAPY RULES ON!!!!
I'm just reading what you wrote. Couldn't see on Monday, treated his eyes on Tuesday, and could see on Wednesday. Apparently ENGLISH ISN'T ONE OF THE 5 LANGUAGES YOU SPEAK FLUENTLY OR COMPREHEND COMPLETELY. I'm so very impressed by your resume, do you treat the tendonitis in your elbow with bee stings?

#38 ·
SEAMUS, I use bee stings to treat tendonitis in my shoulder. I've been doing it for 2 years now and it's helped considerably. However, claiming that one treatment of honey to the eye of someone who has macular degeneration allowed him to see out of an eye that he, prior to that one treatment, couldn't see out of, is completely unbelieveable. It's no doubt you are on the apitherapy bandwagon, perhaps the leader of the circus. I too and convinced that bee venom therapy helps certain things with limited uses, but to claim what you did makes all things apitherapy seem akin to selling snake oil.

One treatment cure........sure thing.

#39 ·
BRAD BEE WHEN YOU WENT TO SCHOOL AND TOOK A COURSE IN READING COMPREHENSION YOU WERE NO DOUBT SLEEPING IN CLASS!!! REREAD THE POST??? THEO HAS BEEN TREATING HIS EYE WITH RAW HONEY FOR 13 DAYS NOW? HE SAYS, AND I HAVE NO REASON TO DOUBT THE MAN, THAT THE VISION IS GETTING BETTER EVERY DAY. I HAVE EXPERIENCED VERY SIMILAR RESULTS IN JUST 1 TREATMENT. I AM I LINGUIST AND I CAN GREET IN 41 LANGUAGES AND CARRY A CONVERSATION IN 5 LANGUAGES. I FEEL I AM QUALIFIED TO GIVE YOU A 55% SCORE IN YOUR READING COMPREHENSION. THAT IS A FAILING GRADE

#45 ·
I'm one of those who believe honey fixes everything! Period!

Is it the placebo effect? Sure! Along with some very simple acts of mother nature! Are there things I can't fix with honey? Probably, but there is still the venom! That makes my eyes light up, for sure.

Honey in my eyes changes things. Honey stimulates blood flow and that is crucial to healing of all tissue. The fluid in my eyes gets murky (with age) and when water fasting I found that it refreshes with clean fluid. Hey, Presto, I could see better. So when I put the Manuka Honey in the eye once to clean up the conjunctivitis, guess what............... the dirty water was drawn out (hygroscopy?) and the new fluids coming in were clean and clear. I can see clearly again!

Being near or far sighted in many cases (ignore the extreme events) is related to the pressure of the fluid in the eye. The honey regulates the fluid apparently, and eyesight returns to normal (at least MY normal). I was sold glasses when I was young. I damaged them while welding. Never again have I gone back for more. That was 50 years ago. I am getting a little nearsighted (or less farsighted?) as I get old, but getting old is so much fun I put up with it!

I wonder sometime if my extraordinary results using honey is because I get the venom and some who attempt to use my plan do not. Does the queen bee infect me with her pheromones and change my chemistry to be similar to that of the bee?

#46 ·
SO I WENT TO MY EYE DOCTOR FOR AN EYE EXAM. HE READ ON MY CHART THAT I WAS TREATING MY EYES WITH RAW HONEY FOR CATARACTS. HE WAS HORRIFIED!!! HE STARTED THIS LECTURE ABOUT HOW THIS COULD DAMAGE MY EYES AND THAT I SHOULD GET CATARACT SURGERY RIGHT AWAY. THEN HE THREATENED ME TO PUT A RESTRICTION ON DRIVING AT NIGHT!!! MY REPLY "BUT THE HONEY IS WORKING" THEN HE TRIED TO MAKE UP A COCK AND BULL STORY TO PROVE THAT RAW HONEY COULD NOT HELP MY VISION. OF COURSE I KEPT EGGING HIM ON AND STARTED TELLING HIM ABOUT MY APITHERAPY "PATIENTS"!!! THAT REALLY GOT HIM WORKED UP!!!! I LEFT CHUCKLING AND I AM SURE I RUINED HIS DAY??? APITHERAPY RULES!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.