A Good Cigar - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Good Cigar

I did a Google for Montero Churchill and there is little out there about this cigar. I did find this:

www.cigarworld.de/newsletter/2007-05-03.htm

You'll need to use Bablefish.

-----
    In the cold course this Cigarre promises to become already particularly pleasant. Including-industrial union-softly equipped with more dezenter sweet ones from the outset, it flows flavours of cocoa, vanilla and caramel. By the special kind of the fermentation the smoke process is particularly interesting, the Cigarren wins after the first half at bodies and becomes more süßlicher and more vollmundiger in the taste. For lovers „of the normal “first pages also still some few crates the Churchill with bright Connecticut first page are available! Importer of the Montero is and/or was the company Wörmann, who has the importer Charles Fairmorn in the year 2006 „swallowed “. This series disappears completely from the market there to Wörmann more on its self-mark „Belmore “to concentrate would like. Secure yourselves still fast some this special Cigarren for pleasant, süsslich aromatic Sommernächte…!
    -----
    Regards, Barry

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pcelar View Post
    I do not see Montero churchill.
    I have not ordered that particular cigar but they have great selections and many that are not available in the shops. You would be surprised how many cigar shops order from distributors like Thompson's, Mike's, etc.
    Bullseye Bill in The Scenic Flint Hills , KS
    www.myspace.com/dukewilliam

My personal favorite is a box press CAO Anniveery(sp) Cammeroon Toro when I can find them. I tend to the med strength sticks and really like cammeroon wrappers.

The best cigar regardless of brand is the one that can be smoked with friends.
    When my twins were born I went to a smoke shop in town and told the shop owner I needed a couple of boxes to help celebrate the births. He looked kind of disgusted and just reached over and grabbed some white owl "its a girl" off the shelf. When I told him that I was a cigar smoker and wanted somthing worth handing out he brightened up and we went into the humidor, he pored a couple glasses of brandy and we talked cigars. In the end I left with 1 box of the CAOs for myself and a couple of boxes of a George Burns lable to hand out. they were not quite a Churchill but they were good sized and not a bad smoke.

After I had dinner with my wife this evening, we took a stroll along the Fox River. I stumbled across a cigar shop, but it was closed. Saw in their window they had a website and it appears I will be stopping in this weekend.

http://www.bullandbearcigars.com/Cig..._We_Carry.html
    Regards, Barry

Ah too bad, no Havana Honeys. If you like a sweet flavored cigar look at the Cojimar and the Tatiana Flavors. Not nearly as good as a Havana Honey Vanilla Del Sol, but still nice if you stay away from the chocolate or rum. :yuck:

Quote Originally Posted by pcelar View Post
    I do not see Montero churchill.

I have had a very hard time finding this cigar the last couple of years but I never look on the internet because I know if I do find them I am going to have to order a box.

here is some info on the cigar

Dominican Republic 6" x 50

Introduced in 1995, theMontero cigar line, manufactured by Davidoff of Geneva, is rolled froma blend of long filler Dominican binder and filler tobaccos aConnecticut-seed wrapper from Ecuador.

A llDavidoff cigars maintain well-defined standards of quality andexcellence. The tobaccos that are used in the different blends havebeen cultivated in accordance with the most ancient traditions, in therichest soils and ideal climatic conditions of carefully selectedfields. The choicest leaves from various harvests undergo four yearsof aging, which imparts to Davidoff cigars their rich aroma andconsistently smooth taste. All Davidoff cigars are handmade in theDominican Republic, where for over five centuries this art has beenpassed on from generation to generation.

Binder: Dominican Olor
    Filler: Dominican Seca & Ligero
    Wrapper: Ecuadorian Piloto Cubano – Maduro
    Strength (Mild 1, Full 10): 6

Notes from the Panel:

Immediatelynote a slightly oily rustic wrapper that we found very inviting. It should come as no surprise that the Montero samples weevaluated were all well constructed considering they are manufacturedby Davidoff. We found itto have a light herbal character to it and a creamy finish. It builds as you get into it to a pleasant slightly sweet, richtobacco tastes. Overall,we enjoyed the taste very much. Very well made. Trythis one with Ron Anejo’s Pampero Anivesario Rum.

A truly great cigar is the one someone else is smoking,
    a long, long way from me.

My brother was a cigar fanatic up to 5 years ago. He
    quit for health reasons. He seemed to enjoy those
    Feuente ones. Man did he stink up the place....
    Closing in on retirement.......

IMO, a cigar MUST be smoked outside.
    Regards, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    IMO, a cigar MUST be smoked outside.
    I agree.

reading this thread reminds me how lucky i am. mins away from brushy mtn bee farm, buck shaols and black snake meaderies and JR's discount cigar warehouse. by the way, my vote arturo fuentes
    "Any fool can learn, the trick is to understand - Einstein"

Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    reading this thread reminds me how lucky i am. mins away from brushy mtn bee farm, buck shaols and black snake meaderies and JR's discount cigar warehouse. by the way, my vote arturo fuentes
    That is where I buy my cigars online.

Wow, this thread was already 9 pages deep.
    I went to the cigar shop and purchased 5 cigars. All I said was I wanted the mildest cigars he had. Here is my critique.

Perdomo Reserve cabinet series la tradicion perfecto:
    Most expensive cigar ($8) and least liked. It was the most robust of the five. The outer wrap would keep splitting apart down to an inch below the burn. Thumbs down.

Fuente Gran Reserva and Macanudo:
    Not bad. Mild to the degree I like and both were pleasant, although one of them (fuente?) became less desirable during the second half.

Cojimar vanilla:
    A nice smoke. I'd have another.

Oliveros vanilla:
    My favorite, and will definitely keep them on hand. A very mild and pleasant smoke.
    Regards, Barry

Cigars that crack and split are signs that it has dried out. If you do not have a humidor you can put a cigar in a baggie with a half of a slice of bread (not touching) to bring it back. Do not use a wet napkin, too much moisture too fast will make it explode.

You tend to like same type of cigars I do, I did suggest the Cojimar. Now if you can trust me that far you still need to find Havana Honey Vanilla Del Sol. If you can't I will send you one in the mail. PM me your address.

Quote Originally Posted by BULLSEYE BILL View Post
    Cigars that crack and split are signs that it has dried out.
    Ah, I wondered what the cause was. I'm very surprised then, because the shop I bought them from had some very serious humidors and the cigar was in a plastic wrap plus they put it in a ziplock bag for you to take home.

you still need to find Havana Honey Vanilla Del Sol. If you can't I will send you one in the mail.
    I'm still keeping an eye out for them. I'll let you know if I come up empty.
    Regards, Barry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12