Hummer-Bee vs Swinger - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Hummer-Bee vs Swinger

Can we bring this one back from the Depths?

I'm in the Market for a new forklift. Coming from an old skid steer. Which would you suggest in todays Market? The Hummerbee or the Swinger. - They both look upwards of 40K - ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

You just had to do it.....
    Well I'll go first. I have a superbee thats 6 years old, and a new this year Hummerbee classic. Both get the job done. The Superbee is heavier and doesnt turn as sharp as the Hummer, which makes a difference in small tight beeyards like many of mine. Not sure what is being offered in the NMC now for engines, but the Hummer Classic is gutless. Which is not really a problem since I cant move too fast in my rough yards anyway. The Hummer turbos have more power for sure. So I might lean toward a Hummer turbo for my next one, just for the easier maneuverability.

If a forklift cannot travel at least 60 mph, I wouldn't waste my money.
    I have exactly ONE more hive than you.
    That makes my opinion beyond dispute!

Yep I still remember flying through the rows at night in the almonds, shifting gears on the towable lift, wondering when I would careen into a tree.

My New holland 1980s skid steer is getting the job done,.... after its repairs...

Have 2 Hummer turbos one with 1200 and one with 1500 hours and love the heck out of them. The Kubota diesel has plenty of power and is incredibly fuel efficient (about 2/3rds of a gallon per hour). They will lift a tote of syrup though if you are doing that daily I would suggest a larger machine and I like the ability to get on the machine from either side. The only repairs I have had to make are replacement of an alternator at around 1,000 hours on one machine and a couple of broken parking brake cables. We keep a grease gun handy and hit those articulating joints at least weekly and have yet to have any problems with them. We also own a Swinger with the Cummins diesel and have put around 500 hours on it. It's a nice machine with great lift capacity and no big complaints with it but if they are sitting side by side the Hummer gets chosen first by myself and our help every time, it just seems a little more maneuverable and easier to hop on and off of.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Same here. I keep the NMC Superbee(swinger with larger Kubota) around for loading syrup totes, etc. and use the Hummer when bees need moved. It really does maneuver easier in really tight yards like most of our forest yards.
    The Classic has a small non-turbo Kubota, and it does bog down when you give it too much pedal. Others who bought it(and also own the turbo) say the same. I do like both of them and they are a vast improvement over my old(really old) towables.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12