Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

"I have honey bees that need to be removed"

Tags
removal
133K views 77 replies 58 participants last post by  mythomane 
#1 ·
This thread is for posting your information about honey bees either in a structure (house) or in/on a tree or object that you want removed. Give your location and contact information. Postings will be deleted in time to keep the list current.

#54 ·
Re: Bee Removal, Frisco Texas (preston and Eldorado)

Got a call this evening about a colony in an old house in Carthage, TN that is about to be torn down. Needs to be done by Tuesday. Contact is Joey Bowman 6154187027. I don't have the time for this one.

#56 ·
Need help. I have a hive in my walls beside a window on the second floor. Need information on how to remove them or some one in northeastern north Carolina that can do it. Tried several places called county agg and as soon as I sain inside walls they said they couldn't help. Margarettsville nc

#59 ·
I got an email about a tree cutout in Friendsville, MD. That is too far for me. PM me if anyone is interested. The owner would like to place the bees in a hive and keep them, if possible.

J

#61 ·
bee's under siding 2 locations on house,just noticed them within last 2-3 weeks,

Hello, noticed within last 2-3 weeks bee's going up under siding ,in between deck and the foundation of house, then was mowing grass about a week later and noticed some more going up under siding on back side of house, thought maybe at first they were yellow jackets because they were moving so fast in and out couldn't get a real good look at them,(bought one of those kits with pheromones for wasp/hornets and yellow jackets after 2-3 days none had entered the trap) so was telling my son and he said he got up real close and was watching them early one morning just as daybreak started and they started moving out from the deck area and he said they were bee's, then at night if i get close to the wall area ,you can hear a low buzzing/humming sound ,my question is,have thought about getting into having my own bee's at the back of the property anyhow since me and my son eat a lot of honey,but didn't want to get forced into it this way, but also don't want bee's under my siding and in the walls, any suggestions? or does anyone want to come see/ get the bee's,or if someone could or would want to help me get them out and set up a house for them to go to and kind of help me get started ,I would possibly look at the also, i just don't want to kill them, because of their contribution to life cycles of nature and due to the shortages of bee colony's I have heard people talking about, I live south of Wilmington ohio off rt.68 & rt.350 area, you can email me here on forum or call me if you want to talk, 937-728-6588.
THANKS WALKER

#62 ·
Kingman Arizona. downtown. for the past few years I have had a small hive in a china berry tree hollow. recently one bee was extremely aggressive toward me as I walked by about 15 feet away. I didn't hang around to see if any others would participate. since then part of the tree broke near the hive and I got to trim it away. i'd like to see somebody retrieve this hive and get some good use out of them. they used to be very docile. call Steve 928-727-7707. thank you.

#66 ·
Bee swarm in Poway. California

If anyone in interested in collecting a swarm in Poway California, I received a phone call today (around 1600 on 29 April) from a guy who has a clump of bees under the eve of his house. From the photo I did not see any comb drawn. If interested let me know and i will pass details and contact information. I'd do it but the wife says no more hives until i move what i have out of the backyard.

#69 ·
Colony to Relocate in Uility Pole

A friend has a utility pole about 12" diameter that has a colony that has over wintered in it......he'd like them gone.

The bees are entering a crack in the pole at ground level. The pole is in use yet, so there is no cutting or drilling allowed. Today I set a swarm trap about 20 ft. away in hopes of catch the swarm this hive is sure to throw in the next couple of weeks. I can't imagine a very large cavity inside this pole.....but I maybe wrong.

Is there anyone with experience with utility pole hives? I'm working on a trap setup, but don't know much about how to proceed. Any ideas? :scratch:

#70 ·
Re: Colony to Relocate in Uility Pole

I have a swarm of bees in my yard. (Norman OK)... by all accounts they look like miner bees (also had the dirt piles in the yard), but I can find no account of miner bees clustering together on an object like in the pictures. Can't tell if these are miner's or honey bees (or something else... I am by no means an expert). Please advise so that I can figure out if I need removal or assistance. THANKS!!
View attachment 31688
View attachment 31689
View attachment 31687

#71 ·
Re: Colony to Relocate in Uility Pole

I can't see the attachments yet, but if you do have a swarm then look for a local beekeeping club to contact. Consider googling your county followed by "beekeeping club" to see what comes up. I live in Chester County and I am a member of "Chester County Beekeeping Association". Hopefully you can get some help there.

#72 ·
Bee Tree Down in Donelson, Nashville-any takers?

I got a call tonight about a "swarm" of bees in a downed tree, and of course it was actually a hive living in the tree. The tree went down tonight. Went to check it out, and saw the bees clustering inside the trunk, so there may still be a queen or at least some brood they want to cluster around.
I am going to try to cut out as much as possible tomorrow, but what would be really helpful for the owner and the bees is a vaccum and/or an experienced person to do cut outs. I am not that person, although I'm willing to give it a shot.
The tree is blocking the person living in the home from getting their car out, so the homeowner can't/won't wait for the weekend.

Anybody want to help out? Got tips?

#74 ·
Grayson Cnty Texas beeks, want free bees?

Posting for a friend on another forum, he is a little far for me to help him out. He has a 1 year old hive in the exterior wall of his home. He said if he can get them removed for free, he will hold off killing them out and repairing the house.

If you're interested please send me a PM or respond here and I will PM you. He is East of Sherman near Bells TX.

All I know at this point is, they overwintered there and they are in an exterior wall, could be some good bees if you're up for it.

Thanks

#75 ·
Near zanesville Ohio, bees in house

I can't do it, but a guy I work with that lives near Zanesville, Ohio has bees in his house and has not been able to find anyone to remove them...I had seen him with a can of wasp killer, and I am in hopes of finding someone willing to remove them...he said someone tried a bee vacume, but that did not work, I explained that he has to remove the comb anyway, so he should find someone, he spent hours on internet, and phone, but nobody is willing, is anyone on here that could help him? And the bees?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.