staple gun for supers - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: staple gun for supers

Quote Originally Posted by willbe View Post
    Porter cable crown stapler with 1-1/2 staples works great with tite bond glue
    That's what I use

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat View Post
    harbor freight sales a 1/4 crown stapler nailer that shoots up to 1 1/2 length staples for $19.00 I have used and abused mine and its still running great.
    +1. They have an inexpensive compressor as well. Just don't make the mistake I made on the hose. Get rubber hose (flexible), NOT VINYL (stiff)!

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee's Bees LLC View Post
    https://www.beesource.com/forums/show...itachi+stapler this is a thread on a great stapler I bought and have run 75000 stapler thru this year. It has not had any issues.
    I've got the same one. I've had it for 2 years. I haven't shot 75,000 staples with it, but I have shot 4 boxes of them. I think there's 5000 per box. I've shot everything from 1/2" to 1 1/2". I have found that Senco staples are superior to any others I have available locally. I've tried Hitachi, Bostich, and Senco staples. Senco only from here on out. They hold MUCH better and don't rust.

Now that we have a Harbor Freight, I'll buy one of the $19 ones to use for different sized staples. I don't like having to change out the staples. It slows me down. Time is money....
    The more I learn about bees, the less I know.

Senco staples shot thru a harbor freight 1/4" crown stapler along with titebond 3.
    Using butt joints and doing it fast and dirty on the supers. They'll last a few years until I can invest in some proper wood.
    Internet credibility is an oxymoron

check your local pawn shops, got a Bostitch air stapler for 20.00. Look and works like brand new!

I use HITACHi N5008AC2 7/16 X 1 3/4 crown staple. Also Titebond III.

The Hitacch is a great gun. Got mine out of the pawn shop for like $75.

I have some boxes where someone used 1 1/4" x 1/4" crown staples. They do not stay together. Most of mine are 1 1/2" 1/4" crown staples and they do well. If my gun would take longer staples I would use them...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 42y 40h 39yTF

Quote Originally Posted by Bee Pimp View Post
    I use HITACHi N5008AC2 7/16 X 1 3/4 crown staple. Also Titebond III.
    I love my Hitachi. So light, repetitive fire. Totally will take the Pepsi challenge tho with the titebond. I use gorilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bush View Post
    I have some boxes where someone used 1 1/4" x 1/4" crown staples. They do not stay together. Most of mine are 1 1/2" 1/4" crown staples and they do well. If my gun would take longer staples I would use them...
    I've used the 1 1/4 narrow crown. Worked fine, just back staple as well.

Just be careful when stapling the frame pieces. Some times a leg of the staple will follow the grain out the side of the wood. If you happen to be holding the pieces in place a little too high, you will become stapled to the frame. Ask me how I know.

> Ask me how I know.

The same way I know?
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 42y 40h 39yTF

Better to get that knowledge for a nadrow crown staple than a framing nail.....took a doctor amd a pair of pliers to get that one out!

Been using a Surebonder 9630 - cost about $30 on amazon - driven a couple thousand staples for various projects - no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bush View Post
    That's a fact. It isn't the gauge of the staple (or nail), it is the length that helps holding power. I wish mine took longer staples.

Quote Originally Posted by psm1212 View Post
    Just be careful when stapling the frame pieces. Some times a leg of the staple will follow the grain out the side of the wood. If you happen to be holding the pieces in place a little too high, you will become stapled to the frame. Ask me how I know.
    Yup, that can happen. Don't ask me how I know this either.
    I'm sure glad my stapler doesn't take longer staples
    I really should not be permitted to use power tools of any sort but sometimes "they" let me.
    "Challenger" as in the Mopar muscle car. Not a personality description .
    Keeping bees to raise money for chordoma.

I'm looking to get a nailer/stapler but unsure of which, and now I see this thread. I would like something that will be well suited for building all hive components, be it brood boxes, bottom boards, roofs, etc. Would the Hitachi N3804AB3 mentioned be a good for this? Or should I go with something else, with a longer length nail/staple?

Yes, it will shoot up to 13/4 inch staples and that will be all you need

I use a Hitachi air nailer with about 1.8" nails. Yes, they sometimes follow the grain. I usually break off any that protrude.

Titebond III absolutely.

I have a cheap Harbor Freight nailer. It seems to have ingested a tiny piece of trash that made it fire at dangerous times. Pulling the trigger would not make it fire, but connecting or disconnecting the air would make it fire, without the safety mechanism depressed. Quite disturbing. A complete cleaning of the guts fixed it, but now I treat air nailers with the same range safety considerations I would with a pistol. It could probably happen to any of them.

I don't use the air nailer for frames. For that I use a spring-drive stapler that can also shoot 5/8" brads. Titebond does the heavy holding. I shoot the brads in from the sides so they are long enough.

I use a Porter cable ms200 medium crown staple gun with 2" B&C Eagle stainless steel medium crown staples. This along with tight bond 3 makes a very strong bond and I've never had issues with boxes pulling appart.

I use a Porter cable narrow crown stapler with 1.5" staples for frames. It might work for boxes, but for me a medium crown stapler is better for boxes.

1.5 harbor freight gun and 1/4 x 1.5 inch staples -IMG_1830[1].jpg for years -and are holding all of these together

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast