how to become certified? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

[QUOTE=WVbeekeeper;279204][url]. First you have to be an apprentice, then a journeymen,
    then a master. Maybe you can just take the master's exam without going
    through the other levels but I don't know if you can.

I'm not aware of any levels in the EAS program. I believe there are only the four MB exams. As stated by dickm, one must meet a number of minimum qualifications (including college level courses), be recommended, then pass the exams. You can retake sections of the exam in successive years if you fail. Once you pass a section, you do not have to retake it. As someone said above, the written and lab exams are way challenging.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Young Harris, Georgia

Will there be a 2008 Beekeeping Institute at Young Harris, Georgia? If so, does anyone know dates, times, etc? It is my understanding you can begin the process of becoming a Master Beekeeper through this program that meets annually in North Georgia.
    “My child, eat honey, for it is good, and the drippings of the honeycomb are sweet to your taste.” (Proverbs 24:13)

When dickm became "Master Beekeeper", he started calling me "grasshopper".
    He has a twisted sense of humor.

OK, I have contacted our local extension officer and also David Tarpy of NCSU Entomology . Local bee clubs can request that their local extension office obtain testing material from NCSBA( which he has done ) and that a short course on beekeeping be offered. ( I did not know that someone else from our club was asking the same questions I was.) I was told that all this would be discussed at our January meeting. There is also a study guide for the basic certified level availabe for download from the NCSBA website. The Certified level and Journeyman levels can be tested at your local club. The Master level is only given at the NCSBA spring and summer meetings.

>Will there be a 2008 Beekeeping Institute at Young Harris, Georgia?

Barring some catastrophe, I'm sure there will be. It is usually held in mid-May every year at Young-Harris college in the north GA mountains which is one the most picturesque settings anywhere. Info usally comes out around February at this site:

http://www.ent.uga.edu/bees/Meetings/workshops.htm

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123