Bwrangler Website???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bwrangler Website???

Anyone know what has happened to Dennis' website. I'd really like to locate it.
    Thanks for any leads.
    Tom

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Sad Happy Trails Dennis

Bullseye Bill in The Scenic Flint Hills , KS
    www.myspace.com/dukewilliam

Thanks BB !!!

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the mixup. I had payed for space on a webhost and decided to go back to a free one. It's a long story involving multiple free webhosts and lots of testing. I zeroed in on one. The server was fast. Scripting worked. Storage and file restrictions were adequate. I switched to them. And hot linked the others to it.

Then I discovered that, due to an ever changing "forbidden word file" that many pages of my site no longer worked. Apparently any page with words such as queen, virgin, breeding, fertilization, etc. were considered suspect and blocked. No options to change were available unless one payed.

My experience with free webhosts has been interesting. They're fine for a very simple, non-critical site without any scripts. But once you get beyond that, they are a pain.

So, I went back to farvista. I've abandoned all the other hosts and the maintenance associated with them.

I've payed for one year. After that I'll probably let my site lapse. So, if you want a copy, get a good offline browser like HTTrack Website Copier - Offline Browser and make yourself a copy. It's free.

It's a good idea to archive other sites one considers important. I've got a few that have disappeared from the web that I consider almost irreplaceable.

Sorry for any inconvenience. My pages are now located at:

http://bees.farvista.net
    http://maps.farvista.net
    http://cycles.farvista.net
    http://rocks.farvista.net

Regards
    Dennis

No problem Dennis. Thanks for all the info on topbar hives. I just started my first this past Tuesday and it is going well. Thanks to the bwrangler. Also really liked the Varroa blaster. Well, gotta go copy your site before I forget and lose it.
    Tom

Its a great website Dennis! One of the best in fact. I have enormous respect for your abilities as both a beekeeper and a practicing scientist. Thanks for your efforts to post it. It puts you right up there with Barry and MB as an asset to the beek community. It is an especially big help to us young 'uns that didn't come from beekeeping families.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspera View Post
    Its a great website Dennis! One of the best in fact. I have enormous respect for your abilities as both a beekeeper and a practicing scientist. Thanks for your efforts to post it. It puts you right up there with Barry and MB as an asset to the beek community. It is an especially big help to us young 'uns that didn't come from beekeeping families.
    I second that!!

I third that! Dennis I heard you are moving from Wyoming? Keep us [email protected]
    david

Dennis:

I just read some of your "Varroa blaster" information. In it you write that this technique "should work on solid bottom boards". My question is does it or does it not work? If indeed a dusted mite is a dead mite then perhaps using Randy Olivers method to sugar coat the bees would be worth the effort. His method is much faster than "blasting individual frames". My concern is I do not have many screened bottom boards and yet feel that sugar dusting could be worth it. I guess I could go out and find out for myself.

Jean-Marc

Quote Originally Posted by D. Murrell View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I've payed for one year. After that I'll probably let my site lapse. So, if you want a copy, get a good offline browser like HTTrack Website Copier - Offline Browser and make yourself a copy. It's free.
    Regards
    Dennis
    Thanks for the heads up. I have personally found your site to be invaluable for someone just starting and interested in making top-bar hives. If it disappears, it will definitely be missed. I'll make a copy now, but if you post before it goes away, I would also like to get the latest version

Maybe if you are going to let it lapse, someone else with a website could host some of the content (even if you didn't want to keep it up). It would be a shame if it was only available to those of us who saved a copy before it lapsed.

Thanks for all your work putting the info out there for everyone to find.

Kawayanan

Wow.. anyone else tried one of these?
    http://bees.farvista.net/gcom.htm

I love it..

Re:
    http://bees.farvista.net/gsub.htm
    On the 2nd photo, captioned "These bees are chowing down"

Is that pattie home made? What is the recipe?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by D. Murrell;226773

I've payed for one year. After that I'll probably let my site lapse. So, if you want a copy, get a good offline browser like [URL="http://www.httrack.com/page/2/en/index.html"
    HTTrack Website Copier - Offline Browser[/URL] and make yourself a copy. It's free.
    I've just downloaded this program and copied your website (which is wonderful! What a loss if you do decide to pull it!) The Website Copier program worked great, it was fast and easy to use. Thank you for the pointer!

Default Thank you!

Kawayanan expressed my thoughts exactly! (I double-checked to be sure I hadn't posted the note!! )

Quote Originally Posted by kawayanan View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I have personally found your site to be invaluable for someone just starting and interested in making top-bar hives. If it disappears, it will definitely be missed. I'll make a copy now, but if you post before it goes away, I would also like to get the latest version

Maybe if you are going to let it lapse, someone else with a website could host some of the content (even if you didn't want to keep it up). It would be a shame if it was only available to those of us who saved a copy before it lapsed.

Thanks for all your work putting the info out there for everyone to find.

Kawayanan

Hey Dennis,

I've learned alot from your site. I should still have my webspace when your account lapses, so let me know and I'll set you up with what you need to keep your site up for free.

Hi Guys,

I've submitted my website's URL to the Wayback Machine at http://www.archive.org/. It's crawler should archive my site within six months where it should be available to all.

Some previous versions of my site can be found there by searching for the older URLs.

Thanks for the compliments, offers and ideas.

Regards
    Dennis

Default Wayback is good, but ...

Hi Guys,

I've submitted my website's URL to the Wayback Machine at http://www.archive.org/. It's crawler should archive my site within six months where it should be available to all.

Some previous versions of my site can be found there by searching for the older URLs.
    That's good news for us who already know about your site and have noted the specific URLs & would like acess without having to copy it. (I copied it!) However, I don't think that the archives of the Wayback Machine show up in a GOOGLE searche, but I may be mistaken. (For instance, a search for your old URLs simply results in a "Page not found" error.)

If you want to move on to other things, I would really like to see you give someone else permission to host your site.

Just my two cents' worth.

Default Combo hive

Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    Wow.. anyone else tried one of these?
    http://bees.farvista.net/gcom.htm

I love it..
    I have a friend who is building one out of cedar for me. It is going to have a SBB and 2 side trays built in.

Hi Guys,

I've taken some time to clean up the site. It a little more usable. Easier to read, I hope :>) And a few pages, I've had in draft, have been put in the tbh section.

Regards
    Dennis

Hi Guys,

I've taken some time to clean up the site. It a little more usable. Easier to read, I hope :>) And a few pages, I've had in draft, have been put in the tbh section.

Regards
    Dennis
    Very cool! I definitely check it out.

Kawayanan

Default What Is The Best Pollen Patty Recipe...?

Was just reading on B Wranglers website about that secret ingrediant, Vit. C in pollen patties...So does anyone have a good pollen patty recipe ,that one could ad Vit. C...? Dennis..? anyone...? I know someone asked this already on this thread, but there were no replies, so i'm asking again...thanks....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast