Cordless battery problems

Situation. I have some Skil equipment (flashlight, drill, saw) that run on 14.4 V rechargeable batteries. I have 3 batteries, one was weaker but had been obtained earlier. These were used regularly, charged generally when weak or when I anticipated that I would need them. Now none of the equipment works, and none of the charger lights come on when I put it on any of the batteries. It looks like ther was some built in timer to make them all go bad at the same time. Anyone have a better idea what happened? I can understand batteries going bad, but the cahrger light should have gone on

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Are you sure your charger is functional?? Sounds like it may be the culprit. Put a meter on the leads.

Replacement chargers can be had pretty cheap on ebay.

I switched to Panasonic Cordless tools with the NiMH (nickle metal hydride) batteries and they are fantastic!! I use them very hard with my business.

NiCad batteries absolutly SUCK wind. NiMH batteries have no memory issues and you can slap them on the charger at any time.
    Closing in on retirement.......

3 Batteries were tested with all 3 battery chargers. Nothing lit up.

Wow....... that is odd.

Take it to the Batteries Plus store at the location below. They will test them for free. I think they can recondition NiCads if memory serves me.

740 SE Greenville Blvd
    Greenville, NC

WOW. I told my wife it is odd how one can get help with many non-beekeeping things here. Surprised with how it helps me to find answers outside what I think of. Thank you.

Anyone use Skil 14.4 V equipment? I have a flashlight, drill, and saw available for nominal fee plus shipping. Batteries plus was not able to recondition the batteries for me. $45 to buy new one. Not worth it to me.

Here a guy on ebay selling the new battery for 14.99. He's got a couple listed. Another guy has a new one for 9.99

http://cgi.ebay.com/Skil-14-4-Volt-B...QQcmdZViewItem

You did try reconditioning the batteries?
    WayaCoyote