Pls rescue my hive

Pls rescue my hive

1. marian siczek
    marian siczek
    I am beekeeper by coincidence with zero experience. (I inherited 2 hives). Live in Australia (climate I guess is similar to warmer parts of California). I am not sure but I may have damaged one of my hives by extensive honey harvest. This hive consists of one brood box and two super boxes. I removed all honey from the third, top box as I noticed was full of honey and covered with hard wax. Most of the frames I damaged during extraction (fax foundation broken), not sure if uncapping was not done correctly or I started with too high speed my extractor. Now in Australia is end of summer. How can I minimize the damage?
    Replacement third box with new frames should be put on the top or in the middle, where to place queen excluder, should I give any food for the bees or anything else please.
  2. Hogback Honey
    Hogback Honey
    Oh shoot Marian,
    I haven't visited this 'group' in ages, I'm so sorry, looks like no one has answered you. A lot of keepers here over winter with just two deeps, I do not. I have 2 deeps and a super of honey. May be too late, but hopefully you still have those hives, what you can do in the future is, in the fall feed them syrup, 2 parts sugar to 1 part water, if you think you've taken too much of their honey. You can also do a search for 'Lauri's sugar bricks' on BS, make those up and put them in the hive, right onto the top bars, for winter. And, California has lots of different weather, I'm up in the northern part of Calif. We get snow, usually, and can get temps in the negatives in the winter, and over 100 in the summer. While other parts, like San Diego, they think 55 degrees in the winter is cold.
    Good luck, hope you and your bees are still around