Mikes hot honey [Archive] - Beesource Beekeeping Forums

View Full Version : Mikes hot honey

Pithon
11-24-2018, 09:24 AM
Here in the Kroger in North Mississippi they sell a product called Mikes Hot Honey. It is made in New York and the only ingredients listed on the bottle are honey, chilies, and vinegar. Does anyone know some amounts for it? Or know of a hot honey along the same lines? Also on the bottle it says it's infused with chilies so there are none in the bottle.

Rader Sidetrack
11-24-2018, 11:06 AM
You may find this useful:
https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/chile-infused-honey

Chicago_ks
11-25-2018, 06:46 AM
I got a chuckle out of step 2. $95 glass jars with wood lids set of three.
ks

Pithon
11-25-2018, 09:04 AM
I got a chuckle out of step 2. $95 glass jars with wood lids set of three.
ks

Ordering a set now lol

denbert19
12-16-2018, 07:29 PM
Impulsive purchase but I want a set.

Dabbler
02-06-2019, 01:51 PM
Here in the Kroger in North Mississippi they sell a product called Mikes Hot Honey. It is made in New York and the only ingredients listed on the bottle are honey, chilies, and vinegar. Does anyone know some amounts for it? Or know of a hot honey along the same lines? Also on the bottle it says it's infused with chilies so there are none in the bottle.

I bought some Mike's Hot Honey on a whim. It is dynamite on baked chicken breasts. When it is gone I need to start infusing my own honey.

Pithon
02-17-2019, 03:43 PM
I did end up making some and it was just as good. I took some dried chilies and put them into a food processor and turned it on and left it run for about 5 min.
Then I put all the stuff into a sifter and sifted it into some honey that I had warming up on the stove. Stirred it in and bottled it. It was great.

Jadeguppy
04-21-2019, 04:37 PM
I want to try making some infused honey, but don't want to heat it on the stove. I want to maintain the advantages of raw honey. Is there a receipt anyone knows of for doing a gallon at a time? I've been reading that it needs to sit for two weeks and then be strained, which sounds easier doing by the batch than by the jar.

Pithon
04-21-2019, 06:24 PM
I want to try making some infused honey, but don't want to heat it on the stove. I want to maintain the advantages of raw honey. Is there a receipt anyone knows of for doing a gallon at a time? I've been reading that it needs to sit for two weeks and then be strained, which sounds easier doing by the batch than by the jar.

I really think the heat kinda distributes the taste in the honey. You might could do the same if you whipped it but I don't know. With the heat I run it back though the strainer to get out all the flakes that I can and the honey still has the heat in it.

beemantn
04-21-2019, 07:04 PM

I put my peppers in & let it set in the sun for a few days then strain it. Does a pretty good job.