Lid pops off [Archive] - Beesource Beekeeping Forums

View Full Version : Lid pops off

ktg
08-31-2018, 12:25 PM
I've had the teflon lid pop off a couple times when the Provap is turned over and the OA starts to heat. Is there a reason or a solution?

snl
08-31-2018, 12:50 PM
I've had the teflon lid pop off a couple times when the Provap is turned over and the OA starts to heat. Is there a reason or a solution?

Make sure the cap is secure; the lip of the cap should rest on the outside of the bowl. Make sure that you are not pushing the stem into an obstructed hole and clean the stem after usage, by allowing water to flow thru it while it is still warm (not hot)....... If needed, purchase new o-rings for the caps.
Do NOT drill a hole in your brood chamber to vaporize! You'll most likely shoot the OA directly into a sidebar causing back pressure on the vaporizer which could cause the lid to pop off.

ktg
08-31-2018, 01:05 PM
Make sure the cap is secure; the lip of the cap should rest on the outside of the bowl. Make sure that you are not pushing the stem into an obstructed hole and clean the stem after usage, by allowing water to flow thru it while it is still warm (not hot)....... If needed, purchase new o-rings for the caps.

Thanks!

JWPalmer
08-31-2018, 04:37 PM
I have had the lid pop off because the teflon cap was not as clean as I thought and there were some crystals of OA gunking up the o-ring. Test the fit before you plug it in to make sure it seats properly.

snl
09-11-2018, 06:56 AM
See post #2 and #4

e-spice
09-11-2018, 07:45 AM
The only time I've had this happen was when the outlet was stopped up. Make sure that is always free of obstructions (oxalic, propolis, or other) because that's a dangerous situation.