SPECIAL EXCLUSIVE COUPON CODE [Archive] - Beesource Beekeeping Forums

View Full Version : SPECIAL EXCLUSIVE COUPON CODE

Shastina Millwork
10-02-2014, 03:48 PM
We've been making a lot of changes with our Shastina Beegirls web store at www.shastinabeegirls.com. An entire new platform and design, many new products and hopefully a much better cart and user experience. Our previous test run for free shipping by state may have left a large portion of you out so we are back to make it up to you.

For the entire month of October we are offing free shipping to all Beesource members on any order shipped anywhere in the continental US!

Just enter promo code BEESOURCE248567 at checkout and if for any reason you have any trouble with the code please email me directly at [email protected]

Thanks again!

burns375
10-02-2014, 05:50 PM
Hi Shastina im not familar with ponderosa pine. How does it compare to eastern white pine.

sqkcrk
10-02-2014, 08:51 PM
Are your honey supers 6 5/8 inches tall?

Mbeck
10-02-2014, 09:33 PM
I'm in:)
Do you carry Bottom boards for your Nucs?
I didn't see one one your site

Brandy
10-03-2014, 06:52 AM
So, do we need to call for pricing on everything?? Looks like commercial only eh?

snl
10-03-2014, 06:57 AM
Are your honey supers 6 5/8 inches tall?

Mark, that's the height description on the website....... I just ordered 6, I'll let you know about the quality when I receive them......

sqkcrk
10-03-2014, 07:18 AM
I was hoping that they might have shallows too.

snl
10-03-2014, 08:04 AM
I was hoping that they might have shallows too.

Email and ask........A good price with free shipping and I like the new box joint (at least I like seeing it enuff to try)........

Shastina Millwork
10-03-2014, 11:07 AM
Yes we do have bottoms for the Nucs, my apologies for some reason they are not showing on the site I will get it fixed right away.

Shastina Millwork
10-03-2014, 11:13 AM
Ponderosa is a bit of a softer variation than white pine. It is less brittle and easier to work with (less cracking/splitting) and contains a higher amount of pitch helping to insulate and hold up to weather. We have manufactured both in the past and find that the ponderosa is not only easier to work with, but lasts longer as well.

Shastina Millwork
10-03-2014, 11:18 AM
If you're referring to the 5-11/16" boxes we do not usually carry them on hand due to limited demand, however I do have some available currently. If you want you can order the regular supers online and attach a message when you check out and I will substitute them for you at the same price.

Shastina Millwork
10-03-2014, 11:22 AM
So, do we need to call for pricing on everything?? Looks like commercial only eh?

You may be on the commercial site… If you see a link at the right of the top menu that says "HOBBYIST BEE BOXES" click on it and it will take you to the retail site. If you need prices on pallet quantities, please give us a call.

burns375
10-03-2014, 11:33 AM
Thanks. $13 a deep, free shipping is probably the best price you can find

Shastina Millwork
10-03-2014, 11:37 AM
Also just wanted to let everyone know that all your feedback is incredibly helpful. We have been manufacturing and selling commercially for about a decade now but our entry into retail is relatively new experience for us. Please, if you have any further questions, issues with the site, or just general recommendations just let us know. And remember we are a manufacturer, so if you need something and don't see just let us know and we'll do our best to get you what you need.

Lburou
10-20-2014, 08:12 PM
Bought some beginner boxes and supers, they arrived promptly, were packed well and look just fine -even have a decent paint job!

I'm ordering more tomorrow. If my order is the template, there is no risk here. Go for it! :)

Shastina, do you have any Michael Palmer style nuc boxes? :)

snl
10-21-2014, 06:35 AM
Nice supers........quality wood and joints.....

Shastina Millwork
10-27-2014, 12:36 PM
Bought some beginner boxes and supers, they arrived promptly, were packed well and look just fine -even have a decent paint job!

I'm ordering more tomorrow. If my order is the template, there is no risk here. Go for it! :)

Shastina, do you have any Michael Palmer style nuc boxes? :)

We have been working on making some 4 frame nucs that would stack side by side on a 10 frame box as well as a 10 frame box with a divider down the middle, but neither are in production for sale at this time. That being said, I will pass this along to the guys in production to see if maybe they could be an option for the future…

Mbeck
10-27-2014, 12:42 PM
I ordered 10 Nucs and 10 deeps to try.
I specified lower commercial grade deeps.

They arrived quickly ( UPS beat the packages up pretty hard )

Good Value. Nucs joints took a little pounding to get together but that's not really a complaint.

Don't judge them on my poor assembly :)

Knappster
03-04-2015, 10:44 AM
No, recent posts. Do you have everything in stock if I want to come by next week and pick up two complete unassembled hives?

New2bees
07-04-2015, 10:33 PM
I am a Gold Hill girl so I pop in on Shastina about once a week. There is a lot of production going on just about any time. You might want to give them a call if you are looking for something specific.

Royal Bee Supply
11-25-2015, 11:26 AM
You Shastina folks are top notch in my book. Awesome products and awesome people. Have a great Thanksgiving everyone.

EastSideBuzz
11-25-2015, 01:33 PM
Shasta Mills is the best place to buy wooden-ware. I go down and buy a couple pallets every year. They are awesome.

Shastina Millwork
11-30-2015, 08:10 AM
You Shastina folks are top notch in my book. Awesome products and awesome people. Have a great Thanksgiving everyone.

Thanks Royal Bee Supply - Happy Holidays to you and your family as well.

Shastina Millwork
11-30-2015, 08:11 AM
Shasta Mills is the best place to buy wooden-ware. I go down and buy a couple pallets every year. They are awesome.

ESB - thanks for the vote of confidence, see you soon!

Lburou
06-08-2016, 04:38 PM
Just received another order from Shastina Mill works and am very pleased. Quick shipping too. I have a source that I trust, and recommend them to you.

BTW, the end bars on the frames are now thicker than last year. I like it! :)

IAmTheWaterbug
02-01-2017, 12:11 AM
I sent an email in to [email protected], but didn't get a response, so I'll try here. Some feedback on your retail site:

I’ve put items in my cart several times, but I haven’t actually purchased anything yet:

Your shopping cart seems to expire after a few days.
I will often think of things to buy over several weeks and put them in my cart, with the intention of coming back next time I think of something, until my cart reaches a certain threshold (e.g. free shipping).
If the items in my cart keep expiring I need to remember what I put in last time, which decreases my odds of buying more stuff.
I also run an online store, and IMHO items in a cart should _never_ expire. In fact my cart platform shows me “abandoned” carts and prompts me to email the customers to finish their orders!

You don’t offer your nuc bodies, your bottom boards and your migratory covers in a white painted finish

You do offer your deeps and mediums, as well as your nuc tops and bottoms painted, so I’m wondering why not the nuc bodies and the 10-frame tops and bottoms. I like my stuff to match :-)
You only offer MDO tops and bottoms. I’m not a big fan of MDO.
My favorite material for tops and bottoms is cedar.

Do you make shims?

I’m interested in 10-frame and 5-frame shims

Thanks!