Crockpot Recipes? [Archive] - Beesource Beekeeping Forums

View Full Version : Crockpot Recipes?

Hambone
04-07-2009, 09:55 PM
I was going to put this in the recipe section, but it seems to be more for Honey recipes. If you need to move it. Do it.

Anybody got any? I love using my crockpot. With two young kids and with T-Ball, Bees, ect.. I find it comes in handy. I put it all in that morning or at noon and it's ready when we get home. Like today. I soaked some black eyed peas overnight. At lunch today. I put the peas, cut up ham, and a can or rotel (low sodium DF.:p) in and set it. I get home tonight. Done. Not a gourmet meal, but it beats anything you can get supersized in town. I think I have 3 recipes. Stew, Roast and the one above. Figured I would ask instead of just trying a google searched recipe.

dragonfly
04-08-2009, 04:38 AM
Anybody got any?

When did we get a recipe forum?:eek: This is the first time I have seen it.:doh:

At lunch today. I put the peas, cut up ham, and a can or rotel (low sodium DF.:p) in and set it.

Yep, you gotta watch that sodium in tomatoes, onions, and green chilis;)

Derek- I have a few crock pot recipes. When I am fully awake, I will try to look a couple of them up and post for you.

honeyman46408
04-08-2009, 05:31 AM
[/quote]
when did we get a recipe forum?:eek: This is the first time i have seen it.:doh:

when i am fully awake,

:doh::lookout:

dragonfly
04-08-2009, 09:00 AM
Honeyman: :p

dragonfly
04-08-2009, 09:10 AM
Crock pot Mac and Cheese:

8 oz dry elbow macaroni (2 cups)
3-4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
13 oz can evaporated milk
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper (I use more because I like pepper)
finely chopped onion to taste
1/2 tsp dry mustard

Combine all ingredients, except one cup cheese, in greased slow cooker. Sprinkle reserved cheese over top.
Cover and cook on low 3-4 hours.

---------------------
Chicken and Pasta

4 chicken breasts
1 envelope dry italian dressing mix
1/4-1/2 cup water
8 oz cream cheese
1 can cream of celery soup (you can use cream of chicken or mushroom if preferred)

Place chicken breasts in crock pot. Sprinkle dressing mix over it, and add water. Cook on high for 3-4 hours until chicken is done/ tender. Add cream cheese and soup, cook for an additional 30 min to one hour depending on your crock pot. After the soup and cream cheese have melted down, stir contents in pot together. Serve over the pasta of your choice (Angel hair is a good one to use with this).

Hambone
04-08-2009, 01:38 PM
Thanks DF. I will try them out!