Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Phlowers in Philadelphia

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Eddie Honey 
#1 ·
Hey all. I have been trying to find a simple answer to my question, but I havn't so far. I have two hives in the city and I am looking for flowers that the bees will like. I only have a small bit of land, so I know I won't be providing them with much, but I want something that will be nice to look at and that will give them something close to home. Any suggestions? I have several areas that have indirect sunlight, and a few areas with direct sunlight. Easy to care for and liking pots are good attributes. Thanks to all the gardeners out there!

#5 ·
I'm in Mickleton and will be entering my 2nd season. I started with 2 hives and when 1 swarmed I wound up with 3. This Spring I'll be picking up 2 feral hives from someones barn. They've been there for over 5 years but they want them gone.
Bees will do fine in Mantua, NJ especially with the Home Depot right there with their garden section lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.