Search Beesource.com

04-tbh1

Having left a 3/4″ shoulder, 3-1/2″ wide on the plywood sides so a removeable bottom or screened bottom could be incorporated, attachment of the 3/4″ by 1-1/2″ pieces that make up the sides of the hive were added. I used scrap pine lumber I had laying around that had either been painted or stained previously. I set the blade on the table saw to about a 4 degree angle and ripped the 1-1/2″ wide pieces from the boards. I found that I had to adjust the angle slightly as I made my way up the curve. I used (3) biscuits spaced across the length of the boards for each new piece, glued, with one screw in each end to secure them to the plywood ends. Here you can see the three biscuits in place before the final joining of the wood.