Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-7 of 7 Results
  1. Beekeeping 101
    I have six established hives purchased and placed in November (3 months ago). One is quite aggressive. Three bees from that hive lost their lives leaving stingers in my glove just a few days ago. I ordered three packages for April pickup anticipating some hive death which didn't happen so far...
  2. Equipment/Hardware
    Greetings Fellow Beeks, I've been a Beesource member for some time but rarely post. That said, this place has always been my go to for pithy bee information and insights, so I'm seeking your input and advice on an important project... As an organic farmer raising vegetables, wasabi...
  3. Beekeeping 101
    My objective this year is to raise as many new hives as possible as I was left with one live hive coming out of winter. On the 17th of this month, I split out three frames one each of honey and brood and one with a mix plus the queen from the donor hive into a five frame nuc. Today, I checked...
  4. Beekeeping 101
    I recently moved onto a farm in Oregon, where I work for my camper space. I plan on starting 2 new hives on the farm this spring with nucs from Old Sol a few towns away. However this has little to do with my question. The previous owner of the farm had hives up in a bear stand that has since...
  5. General Bee Forum Discussions
    Greetings, Put my order in for two nucs. About to get a storage shed built, at which point I'll order the hive bodies. Got my suit, my hive tool, my smoker, some assistant beeking under my belt, and a lot of book learnin'. I've alerted the neighbors to my intentions. Come spring, my back yard...
  6. Beekeeping 101
    I could really use some advice on my new hives; I’m just starting beekeeping. My bees are not eating and I still have not found one queen. I could really use help with each problem individually. Problem #1 My bees are not eating. When I set the hives up I put a top feeder on each hive...
  7. Photo/Video Gallery
    I have a returning hive that was dormant most of last year here in Florida because of the unusually cold weather but now that we are in October the hive has more than tripled in activity & I need to move them into bigger accommodations, IE a frame so that I can take them with me when we move...
1-7 of 7 Results