Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-5 of 5 Results
  1. Diseases and Pests
    So I was watching a youtube video by a commercial beekeeper who said he prevents skunks by using a little lye at the front of each hive. I have seen everything from trapping, carpet spikes, top entrances (Michael Bush) but never this. Anyone out there tried it and if so how much lye did you...
  2. General Bee Forum Discussions
    I found a lot of capped swarm cells & supercedure cells in my hive about a month ago. Thinking I was supposed to knock off all these swarm cells to prevent a swarm, I knocked off around 14-16. I checked again in a week and found a several more so I knocked those off too. Then someone told me...
  3. Diseases and Pests
    I have a minimal infestation of wax moths here in Vermont. I mean minimal, caught it just as it was getting started. Not used to them this far North in any great numbers but we have had very warm summer. All my outdoor hives (6) are very healthy and active but in two of them the moths...
  4. Beekeeping 101
    I've been thinking over the last few days that in order to compare the various swarm prevention methods, especially Checkerboarding and Opening the Brood Nest, I think it's worth making a list of the general stages (not considering the age of the hive) and factors in spring buildup that...
1-5 of 5 Results