Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-11 of 11 Results
  1. General Bee Forum Discussions
    I know this has probably been asked a zillion times, so forgive me. I did try searching but there are so many related posts and I was too lazy to weed through them for an answer!:no: I have a supplier that is offering Russian bees which I've heard good things about but I've not hived before...
  2. General Bee Forum Discussions
    Hey. Could anyone get some records on the importation of bees to the Russian Far East and imports to the Baton Rouge, Louisiana not too long ago for beeks in the US? And how the Baton Rouge (is that even spelled right?) people bred them; Mixed different stocks or kept them separate to make...
  3. General Bee Forum Discussions
    Hi Guys JWCarlson wrote on another thread: > BWrangler, what's your overall opinion of your Russian lines as far as honey production and swarminess? Thought the topic needed another tread. So, how about those Russians? My experience with them is really dated, in the early 2000's, in Wyoming...
  4. New Member Introductions
    i am Canadian Ukrainian interested in Russian bees. I am new to this forum
  5. General Bee Forum Discussions
    I've never tried Russians before and this is not exactly a scientific study but just installed 3 packages on Sunday- 2 italians and 1 russian, but from the same supplier. It was about 75 degrees that day but then Mon/ Tues we got a pretty good cold snap with temps at night dropping below...
  6. Beekeeping 101
    Hello All, I'm getting into bee keeping and plan to have a couple frames in my back yard. I've read a couple books so far (idiots guide, and for beek for dummies) and I feel pretty confident in this new adventure (My girlfriend's family are beeks so I should get some brownie points too haha)...
  7. General Bee Forum Discussions
    Ok, well with great disappointment it looks like something has happened to my queen and I will need to replace her. This is my first year beekeeping so I have a lot to learn. I have had my packaged italian bees in there hive for about 3 weeks but as mentioned something happened to the queen so...
  8. General Bee Forum Discussions
    Not sure if I have posted this in the right spot or not but I am from Stirling, Ontario, Canada and wanted to know if any one raise Russian bees and will be selling queens or nucs this year?? I have searched all over the internet ad can't find anything in Canada. Thank you in advance. Cory
  9. New Member Introductions
    Hello, I'm Jason Foley of Des Moines, Iowa. I've been beekeeping for a number of years and have maintained only Russian Bees from certified members of the RHBA. In recent years the local clubs have been interested in the luck I've had and prompted me to start making queens and nucs for them...
  10. General Bee Forum Discussions
    Hey guys, I'm getting my first Russians from Dwight Porter this year after having Italians. I would like to hear some feed back on your keeping experience with Russians and how they compare to your other breeds. I know all the facts on the Russians, so I just want some experiences. Looking...
  11. Beekeeping 101
    I am a new beekeeper. I have two hives that I've setup. I installed package bees about two weeks ago. I just did my one-week-after-queen-release hive checks (actually 9 days). I have a couple of quick questions from what I saw: Hive #1: In the first hive, the hive is a little weak, I...
1-11 of 11 Results